Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

alex lifeson hentor sportscaster

1 of 2 Go to page. I'm a huge Rush fan and Alex Lifeson was the reason I picked up a guitar. For a limited time, save in the Gibson European Demo ShopUp to 25% off select Gibson guitarsShop now, View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. A 1980 custom Hentor Sportscaster that was the main . Sincerely, All he would do after he got home from school is go to his room and play guitar. But even his Hentor Sportscaster had a humbucker in the bridge. "Freddy's Frets", a custom guitar shop from the Niagara on the Lake area on Ontario, has received permission direct from Alex Lifeson to create and sell replicas of his "Hentor Sportscaster" customized Fender Strat guitar. You can see these cabinets in action on the Time Machines tour. In an interview with Vintage Guitar magazine, Lifeson joked that Hendrix absolutely blew his mind, but there was no thinking about ever reaching his level. He found Claptons solos much more approachable, so thats how he learned to play. Strat Talk is the leading online community and marketplace for Stratocaster guitars. Another guitar up for bids, Lifeson's 1980 custom-built Hentor Sportscaster electric guitar. The attention to detail shows, and I can only imagine what a special instrument this must feel like, how much pleasure it must bring just to look at it. So I have a few builds going on, but with some spare alder, tomorrow I will embark on a Hentor Sportcaster inspired strat. The RUSH guitarist is auctioning off more than 100 items including instruments, gear, memorabilia and wardrobe which helped make classic rock history as we know it. [email protected]. From 1980 to 1986, Lifeson used four identically modified Stratocasters, all of them equipped with the Floyd Rose bridge. Legend has it that Lifeson was friends with the owner of Signature Guitars and helped him design the instruments. Custom built to match the specs of Alex's 80's Sportscaster Strat! Rush - Spirits of the Radio - Grace Under Pressure 1984 720 [HD] - YouTube, Rush Alex Lifeson Killerwatt Magazine Photo Mini Poster Pin Up | eBay. Another notable Lifeson axe his 1980 custom-built Hentor Sportscaster electric guitar used on the recording of RUSH's seminal albums since "Moving Pictures", in particular "Grace Under . The Property from the Archives of Alex Lifeson auction also included a number of other high-profile sales. . * A 1980 custom Hentor Sportscaster played by Lifeson on most Rush albums since "Moving Pictures," and was the main guitar used on the recording of the album "Grace Under Pressure . When he was 12, he was given his very first guitar as a Christmas present and renounced the viola forever in favor of shredding the guitar. Some of you may know of the Hentor Sportscaster, a 1973 white Fender strat that Alex Lifeson modded. You can see the incredible Hentor Sportscaster in action for much of the Grace Under Pressure tour, including this live performance of The Spirit of the Radio.. For a limited time, save in the Gibson European Demo Shop. Another six-figure six-string was Lifeson's custom-built Hentor Sportscaster, which was snapped (opens in new tab) up for $187,500. He wanted to be able to get a cleaner sound out of the 12-string, so he put the guitar under the soldering iron and chainsaw, as he said in an interview with Gibson. The owner of this website does not guarantee offers on this site, and all offers should be viewed as recommendations only. Does it have to be white? You might struggle to find exactly what you want from a Squier, they made a HSS Floyd strat but in very small numbers and only once or twice that Im aware of. If you listen to any Rush songs written after 1982, theres a decent chance the guitar part was originally written on Lifesons 1952 Reissue Tele. Learn More. As he said in an interview with Total Guitar, Theres nothing particularly special about it, but it has 24 frets, and I needed it for a song.. I'm not familiar with the original that inspired this build, but I can still tell that this turned out exceptionally nicely! Joined Oct 25, 2017 . Whether he wants to add a clean line under the heavier sound or some added effects, Lifeson can switch the Coreblade on and off to get the effects hes looking for. Don't ever buy a Bill Lawrence PUP from anywhere but here: He actually had a Teal/Greenish strat around the same time: never even see that one. Although Alex Lifeson prefers (loves) Gibson guitars, he does dabble with some other manufacturers as well. beatbopboom. Opens in a new window or tab. Figure this was the bass cabinet (bottom) of the 3rd stack, I believe Alex used 4 stacks at the time. Used - Mint. There just isnt another guitar player like him. He missed the sound of his old signatures and asked Paul Reed Smith to build him a PRS with one of the old pickups, so he did! That way, he can easily blend in the piezo or use it for straight acoustic sound. Rare '85 RUSH Moving Pictures Mercury Records Vintage US Early Vinyl Repress Lp Near MINT!! The Hughes & Kettner Alex Lifeson Signature Edition Triamp is a 100-watt tube head with three preamps (like the name triamp suggests) and two different channels. This splendid guitar was part of Rushs most explosive era of creativity. Alex Lifeson has given me permission to backwards engineer and meticulously blueprint his iconic Hentor Sportscaster so that I may make and sell accurate replicas. That looks great and well worth all of the setup. The neck is one of those sturdy Charvel maple numbers that's nice and straight, but I had a high fourth fret that caused a nasty buzz. Although Lifeson helped propel Signature to new heights by showing off its capabilities on stage, the Signature Guitar Company ultimately closed its doors in 1990, and Lifeson switched back to Gibsons and PRSs. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. In 2010, the sound experts at Hughes & Kettner gave Alex Lifeson his very own signature model amp. It also had a Tune-O-Matic bridge and a Maestro Long Vibrola tailpiece. A custom-built 1980 Hentor Sportscaster - used by Lifeson extensively during the recording of Rush's Grace Under Pressure album and for the "Limelight" solo - also fetched a princely sum, selling (opens in new tab) for $187,500. Alex Lifeson Mini Gibson ES-355 Replica Geddy Lee Mini Tour Edition Fender Jazz Bass Signals 40th Coffee Mug Signals 40th Metallic Litho Rush Golden Ale Bottle Opener Signals Royal Tee Hold Your Fire Beanie Signals Scarf Looking to make a purchase with an existing Rush Backstage gift card? You must log in or register to reply here. You are using an out of date browser. To do that, he has used a Morely Volume Pedal for almost his entire career. To power his arsenal of guitars, Alex Lifeson needs quite a few amps to project his sound to a stadium filled with thousands of people. I purchased this guitar in 1976, Lifeson says. I'm happy with the overall results and removing a few grams of wood from this heavy specimen will make it easier on the back when playing for extended periods. Alex used this guitar heavily during the 1980's and named . A true passion of mine, Ive designed, built, and repaired a wide range of guitar amps and electronics. Since he already got his signature ES-355, this time, he opted for a solid body. Well, it sounds like youve got the idea well thought out so it should work out well in the end. Please check the fields highlighted in red. As for pickups, the Alex Lifeson Signature Les Paul features 496R and 498T humbuckers with push/pull series and parallel switching thats activated with the standard tone and volume knobs. The model name is "Alex Lifeson Axcess Les Pauls Gibson" and it includes, among other things, a tremolo handle as well as special pickups (microphones). The neck also has a rounded Axcess profile to help Lifeson reach the higher frets more easily. Geddy Lee also has a set of Moog Taurus Bass Pedals on his pedalboard, preset with different sounds. Its essentially an oversized hollow-body Les Paul. The Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess is a very unique guitar. Some reference if you can stand the 80'sness of the videos. Please let me know if you are still having problems. Your passion for many of the same things is obvious. Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, It has been my main guitar and is the iconic Alex Lifeson guitar," said the 68-year-old guitarist in a statement. So many people have said Alex used a "Gibson switch" or "Les Paul style switching" that I went out and got a Les Paul switch. . (I was gonna sell the black one but I'm leaning towards selling the white Hentor Sportscaster now.) What's your favorite 335 style guitar for under $1000 used. You must log in or register to reply here. The Les Paul and the ES-335 became his two primary players through the rest of the 1970s and cemented his love for Gibson guitars, hollow-bodies, and Les Pauls. Please call 877-687-4277 for assistance with placing . The Bridgette Bardot reference? Frankly, Im not even a die hard Rush fan, and before today could not even name the lead guitarist. My name is Chris and Ive had a passion for music and guitars for as long as I can remember. Hi Christopher, By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. I havent been to a Rush concert in decades but in the late 70s, early 80s, I saw them every time they came to town. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. It was custom-built in Kalamazoo just for me. You must log in or register to reply here. This topic is being created to be the ultimate collection of information and discussion for my fellow "Hentor Sportscaster" enthusiasts out there. Once Rush started hitting it big, Alex Lifeson went out and bought a Fender Super Reverb amp. Lifeson loves playing heavy guitars, so being able to get that clean hollow-body sound out of a heavy guitar was like a dream come true. This was my main '90s-era Paul Reed Smith guitar, Lifeson says. He has well over 15 years of guitar playing under his belt, as well as a degree in Music Technology (Mixing and Mastering). It's Friday night, and I think we need a MEME thread. Alex Lifeson is often regarded as one of the most underrated electric guitar players of all time, . Lifeson began his musical journey at a young age, playing the viola. The most stressful part of this project has been relocating the three-way switch from its traditional Stratocastor location to the lower cutaway. When the router decides to go in its own direction you wont be able to stop it. In his spare time, Sam creates point-of-view guitar lesson videos on YouTube under the name Sightline Guitar (opens in new tab). but there's no way you're getting that solo with a 355. That way I could start with a shallower initial cut. I posted (http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=24807.msg359089#msg359089) several months back asking for advice on attempting to build a replica of Alex Lifeson's white Hentor Sportscaster, a modified strat he used on the Grace Under Pressure album and tour. It can be heard on 16 of the band's studio albums from their 1974 self-titled debut to 1996's Test for Echo and seen in several music videos. The signature was a Canadian guitar manufacturer located in Toronto. Other guitars featured in the Property from the Archives of Alex Lifeson auction include a 1976 Gibson J-55 acoustic used by Lifeson to compose Rush's 1976 platinum-selling album 2112; a 1990 Fender Strat which appears on the majority of latter-day Rush albums; and a 2015 limited run Gibson EDS-1275 double-neck guitar created specifically for Rush's 40th Anniversary R40 tour. Lifeson is known for his outstanding riffing, odd chord structures, and electronic effects. Part of our "Music Icons" auction happening on May 20th, 21st and 22nd, "Property From The Archives of Alex Lifeson . In 2008, Freddy Gabrsek, a luthier based in Niagra-on-the-Lake, Ontario, requested permission to replicate and sell Alex Lifeson's white Sportscaster. Handmade by luthier Freddy Gabrsek in Ontario, Canada, this guitar was made for me that took nearly 10 months to complete. "Hello my fellow Rush fans! "I used a white modified Fender Strat that I called the 'Hentor Sportscaster'. Surprisingly, Alex Lifeson is mostly self-taught. Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson, who is gearing up to release a debut album with new project Envy of None, is giving his . As part of Julien's Auctions' "Music Icons" auction, happening on May 20, 21 and 22, "Property From The Archives Of Alex Lifeson" will feature over 60 vintage guitars and other career memorabilia from the personal collection Alex Lifeson, the legendary Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame guitarist and co-founder of Rush, One of the greatest rock groups of all time, selling more than 40 million . All rights reserved. it was awful to play, very uncomfortable, but had a particular sound that I liked. Alex Lifeson in Vintage Guitar Magazine, September 2011, You can see Lifeson rock his black Signature Aurora (and an awesome 80s haircut) in this 1989 live performance of Big Money.. Both are expected to fetch between $100,000 and $200,000. The 3 way Gibson switch is super simple and more intuitive than soldering a 5-way blade selector - the routing to place the switch on the lower horn will be a bit of work of course, but perfectly doable with a hand drill. Alex Lifeson loves to have piezo pickups and dual outputs built into his guitars. Before we get much further, let's all acknowledge there is no one definitive "Hentor Sportscaster" since it was just a name Alex Lifeson gave to his variously modified Strats. JavaScript is disabled. The Strat above is the famous "Hentor Sportscaster" used during the Grace Under Pressure era. I updated the permissions on the media album so hopefully you can see the photos now. It is this performance that critics point to when asked to define the sound of Rush. Heres how it works. In addition to the Hiwatt 100s, Lifeson also used a Fender J.B.L. When Jeff Jones left the band, he was replaced by Lifesons high school friend Geddy Lee. It has the same pickups, bridge, and hardware that youd find on any 52 reissue. is it the Signature guitar he was using? Aleksandar ivojinovi, OC (born 27 August 1953), known professionally as Alex Lifeson (/ l a f s n /), is a Canadian musician who is the guitarist and backing vocalist of the rock band Rush.In 1968, Lifeson co-founded a band that would later become Rush, with drummer John Rutsey and bassist and lead vocalist Jeff Jones.Jones was replaced by Geddy Lee a month later, and Rutsey was . Hello Chris, great article but Id like to bring some corrections to your information the Signature Guitars section: Alex started using the Signature Aurora Prototype built buy Russ Heinl (a personal friend of Alexs) for the Hold Your Fire and Presto albums almost exclusively (this it the White Aurora, his #1), he had 5 Auroras on tour with him and used mostly his #1, #2 Charcoal grey & his #3 Dark emerald green metallic in the live performances. I held them together with double stick tape, and then I stuck the template on the guitar with the same double-stick tape. Lifeson also regularly used the guitar on tour and in music videos over the years. I'm 99% sure he used his Hentor Sportscaster for that and for the hyper-clean arpeggios during the choruses. Sure thats the 4th one and not just some start they had around for the shoot? if youd like more information, please contact me, as I own his #1 & #3 Aurora, and his H&K zenTera amp. I only get one shot at this so I've been doing a lot of research on this. Let us know if you have any questions or comments below! Alex Lifeson plays a Gibson Les Paul Axcess guitar. What is giving Ronnie Wood his tone in this song? I've found someone who's willing to lend me their router and bits, and I'll be spending part of my weekend prepping the body for surgery, taking measurements and drawing stencils and such. Welcome to the all-new home of Alex Lifeson on the web. Crazy. You can hear the Garrison in action during a small solo break on Working Them Angels.. Theres no guitar player that sounds exactly like Alex Lifeson. The body is from a 2014 Fender Japan ST62-FR. It has been my main guitar and is the iconic Alex Lifeson guitar." . I'm getting ready to tackle one of these as well - it's more of an "homage" than an exact copy of any particular instrument. It was Lifeson's favorite guitar for soloing and can be heard on the solo for "Limelight." To make sure everything matched onstage, Lifeson had his Hughes & Kettner cabinets built to look like steampunk machines, complete with copper piping, gauges, and even a small television screen. It's going to be a freehand job, but I have some scrap wood I plan on practicing on. Lifeson thought that guitar was so cool because it was shaped like a Gretsch Country Gentleman. That does it for this overview of the Alex Lifeson Guitar collection. Nov 5, 2017 #2 AnalogKid68 TDPRI Member. You are using an out of date browser. According to Rushisaband.com, Niagara On The Lake luthier Freddy Gebrsek has received permission from RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson to create and sell replicas of his Hentor Sportscaster, which Alex used extensively during the early 1980s.

Why Did Marco Simoncelli Helmet Come Off, Lascelles Stephens Net Worth, Articles A

alex lifeson hentor sportscaster