Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

bill burkett heaters

And third, it provides soft radiant heat that EVENLY spread around the room. Question: What is a radiant barrier? Go to the Home Depot, Lowe's, Cosco etc., and choose the heater out of couple of dozens designs they have there. And the glaring discrepancy between SCI's unsubstantiated bulb life claims and what consumers are reporting about the actual bulb life with the Edenpure products shows that SCI's claims have no basis in fact. This sure seems to be a scam. My complaints is that I place my order 4 weeks ago still no shipment (endnpure.com states 5 to 10 dyas) & cust service does not respond to email and closed half the time. Well it depends on what version you get. "CBS Guard Documents Traced to Tex. The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Therefore, a 10' x 10' room with a 10' foot ceiling is 100 square feet, but 1000 cubic feet. Loves them! Cold in Northern Alberta on February 25, 2011: If you want negative comments about this heater , a simple Google search will fulfill your needs. An electric heater can do the job for an unheated sideroom or shop where the cost of a furnace or duct work would be prohibitive. I bought the Gen4, have it in the living room in the center of the 1250 sq feet, and I have not turned on my heater. Looked first at a $14.99 ceramic heater that uses 1500 watts and is rated at just over 5000 btu's. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on October 31, 2011: John, it should remind you of every politician. Nothing wrong with EdenPure technology, it is credible, and the heater is as good as any other similar purpose heater (I only have hard time accepting its "ancient" design). A space heater with a linear source of infrared radiant energy in heat exchange relationship with a heat exchanger formed of copper or aluminum material. They are PAID to endorse these products. Don't buy Edenpure heater they are scammer. You'll love it. This content is accurate and true to the best of the authors knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional. The point that needs to be understood is that any type of room heater that you utilize to perform "zone heating" will save you money. When I phoned to know what the cost of a replacement bulb would be a year ago they said they did not have any except to put in new units being shipped which is why I waited til now to look into buying. Although electric heaters do heat a room, there are more energy efficient ways of doing that. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Perhaps another heater would work as well, but this one works real well. I tune mine up every year with the drop of oil and a little compressed air. This is an all electric home the highest electric bill in the winter has been $276 . My heat gun is about 5 times hotter than my wife's hairdryer. I have a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, so I can tell you with precision that EdenPure's claims are false and misleading. The best way to save money (in the long run), is to not only comply with your electricity company replacing things in your home that will give you a lower rate per kwh. The big SCAM not mentioned is the advertised life of the Edenpure US-1000 or Gen4 heaters. You just have to decide if the features of the Eden Pure are worth the extra cost over a less expensive space heater. Bob Vila was dropped by Sears for problems with post job problems and costs associated. After a few weeks it was obvious that this heater is no more efficient than one I can buy mail-order or at Costco for $ 30.00-60,00, so I sent it back at my expense. Ventilation Fans. up. I know I would not. i.e. The importance of this is any space heater will do that. I have tried to return it for refund, but had to have the ORIGINAL shipping container, which I do not have after 2+ months, and neither Bass Pro Outlet nor Edenpure will accept the return w/o original shipping box, which Edenpure will NOT sell me because they say they only have one container per heater produced. Ductless Heating & Cooling. A btu IS a btu, weather you use oil, wood, propane, electricity, gasoline, kerosene, camel dung, or a candle to make the heat. Had I chosen to update and insulate when I first moved here, I could have done it for that price or less. What else can I do? Now, here we have a 1500 watt that will be plugged into the same 120 outlet as the Eden Pure, yet the Eden Pure will with its 1500 watts heat up to 1000 sq ft, and this one heats 150?? etc. The cost was going to be $10,000. Yes, it is not as fast as any heater with a blower, however having that even heat is much more comfortable and healthy. These systems the japanese use do not use ducts!!! However after studying A LOT of them including Duraflame, and all the current ones on the market, I found Dr. Infrared to be the best comparable for a fraction of the cost of EdenPure, as well as the most highly recommended. The man in the commercial who stated he saved so much money that he bought two more and his electricity was half CANNOT be correct unless he is not using his EdenPures round the clock like we usually use our central. Thank you for the validation. You are not saving money because the Eden Pure heater is an amazingly efficient heat source, it is because you are not heating the whole house to as high of a temperature. Determine the average temperature for the coldest month of pool use. Most heat guns even have a little twist flap on the back which does this to the heat gun so you can adjust the heat output it has nothing but coving up the airflow to adjust temp. Complain all you want the heater works well. With the economy and everyone wanting to save money, it is shameful that Mr. Villa put his name on this product. We bought edenpure in September. ", They would be dedicated to making sure the expectations of an ongoing pleasant experience that is designed into the commercial would be realized to the end of product life. It can be a $20 heater from Walmart or a $400 Eden Pure. The EdenPURE heater is several times as expensive as other infrared electric heaters. This is an electrical climate-control system which provides heat as well as refrigerated cooling. I have not used it consistently 24 hours a day. It will cost more. Since the same heater at Amazon is under $100 my guess is they lowered their price to compete better. I borrowed one of these heaters from my Mom and it heated the whole back half of my house. Also the actual cost for Endenpure gen 4 is $397 (2010 cost) refurbished 374.00 so there are models that are returned for a savings $23.00. I live on a mountain in Colorado. You are just cutting costs by heating a smaller areasomething you could have done without a $400 space heater. There has got to be heat loss, because travels a long distance from the furnace ouside to the farthest point. I borrowed a friends EdenPure 1000. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Suarez Corporation Industries / Pinnacle Systems have absolutely NO component life test data to back-up their component life claims. Stay warm everyone!! Anyway, they said they would do a refund and to give it a couple of weeks to credit my account.Well about 3 days ago I had another one of these pieces of junk delivered to my house so I called them, again. Its only ment to heat up a small area with a person in it. Nice flat spot for debris. And, regardless of what someone said about 1500 watts is 1500 watts and is going to heat the same area, that is not what I have read and have posted (copied and pasted from advertisements). This has been disputed. For now it has a basic menu of hamburgers & wings. I have a ceramic cube heater I bought 25 years ago for $19.95 that will. I was about to order an eden pure online when I saw this site and decided to read consumer comments first. http://pelletheat.org/pellets/compare-fuel-costs/. They have two 1000 watt and 1500 watt settings and will heat 200 sq feet, but from what I read, the 1500 watt setting is using more electricity. They promote using zone heating to save money. they will endorse anything for a price . There not trying to rip you off or scam you. Asked store manager about the eden pure heater and when we looked online, the same 1500 watt unit is rated at the same 5000+ btu's. I will check the duct for cracks and insulation and if I want to get cheaper, I'll look into the Sun. Thanks. Bill Burkett has filed for patents to protect the following inventions. The EdenPURE portable electric heater is a scam by my count. Any way, thank you. You have to have a control then you have to know all of the temperatures outside, the amount of insulation, the temps in the house, the furnace size and type (gas , electric, propane) how 'tight' the house is and several other factors. We tried their medium wings and a couple of the burgers. Would i recommend them? The square feet/cubic feet issue comes from EdenPURE ads from a few years ago when I wrote the original article. BTW, I did see a DuraFlame (the maker of the duraflame logs) had a heater with a description that was practically identical to the EdenPure and it was only approximately $225. I was told that I have 60 days trial and could return it back within 60 if I choose to, but that is not true. Amazon has some of the best prices on heaters and ships right to your door. Since you heat all the air, nor just the first 12 inches off the floor, cubic feet measurments are required. I have read some very interesting posts on this website and one thing I can tell you is, you can spot the smart persons from the not so smart persons. They make for a much more comfortable room than ceiling fans. I cannot tell you if the heater is worth it or not, because they will not answer the phone once you place an order. There are millions of happy customers who are telling their friends. A FEW YEARS AGO A CITY ELECTRIC INSPECTER TOLD ME SOMETHING THAT REALLY WORKS. I bought Edenpure heater in December 2010 and my january heating bill doubled, and what they sent to me is not what I ordered from them. No more, no less. If you have any questions with any of our products both before or after your purchase, please feel free to contact our customer service department at 1-877-432-8639. Bill Burkett fights back A key player in the Dan Rather Memogate saga sends a letter to CBS, charging that its independent investigation destroyed his reputation and ignored the network's own . 2023 The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. Also the heat is much nicer than baseboard heat- it feels warm and it stays comfortable. Whether you like the article or not - the simple fact is any cost savings you are seeing by using an Eden Pure heater is due to the use of "zone heating" I.e. I first spent a few dollars on insulation(extra)it paid off! I will never buy another one and will tell others not to, they are well overrated. According to these naysaying braniacs her hairdryer should put out more heat since they claim all heat sources are 100% efficient, etc. Gas burners are a hazard in a barn with hay even if only in a side utility room. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on January 12, 2011: Cold in Mass, you can only run your heater 1 1/2 hours at .17 a kilowatt, not all night. Kinko's", "CBS Says It Can't Vouch for Bush Documents", "THE 2004 CAMPAIGN: MILITARY SERVICE; An Ex-Officer Now Believes Guard Memo Isn't Genuine", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bill_Burkett&oldid=1005909946, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 10 February 2021, at 01:33. Manufacturers of electric space heaters want you to believe that using one of their devices will lower your heating bill. I live in the South, and that is high for me (keep in mind I have not experienced this because I have not used it 24 hours a day). This listing includes patent applications that are pending as well as patents that have already been granted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). EdenPURE OxiLeaf II Thunderstorm Air Purifier, EdenPURE Bio SpeedCLEAN Cordless Vac - Model XL200, EdenPURE 3000 Whole House Air Purifier by AirFree, EdenPURE GEN21 EdenPURE All Season Heater, EdenPURE OxiLeaf Refrigerator Air Purifier, EdenPURE 1000 Area Model Air Purifier by AirFree, EdenPURE Weighted Calming Blanket - Small, EdenPURE Personal Air Purifier by AirFree, Sedona Supreme Commercial Food Dehydrator with Stainless Steel Trays, Dynapro Commercial High-Speed Vacuum Blender, Greenstar Elite Jumbo Twin Gear Slow Masticating Juicer, Professional Cancan XL Manual Juice Press, Humio Humidifier & Night Lamp with Aroma Oil Compartment, Choisons V-Slicer Precision Standing Mandoline, ACOPOWER LionCooler X30A Combo, 32 Quarts Solar Freezer & Extra 173Wh Battery (2 Batteries), Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device. Most of these testimonials are not of much use. If a simple electric space heater can cut energy consumption by 50 percent, then the government may wish to promote the product with tax incentives in order to break Americas dependence on foreign oil. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on January 20, 2012: Ritamarie, thank you for the lengthy comment. With the cost of propane today at over $5.49/gal anything you can do to offset propane useage is a ++++++. Let me first say, I have been praiseing the Edenpure for about 6 years. Water Heater Installation & Repair Service. Electric space heaters fall into four main categories: fan heaters, ceramic, infrared, and oil-filled. Water Heater Installation Cost. Do not take my word for it call yourself 1-800-294-0280 and see if you can get through. Save 80 percent off EdenPUREs cost by using a competitors brand. They collect heat from the air, water, or ground outside your home and concentrate it for use inside. She points out their parents had electrc heat in a double-wide. How long do the bulbs last, how much do they cost, and does a technician have to do the work? The memos, allegedly written in 1972 and 1973, were obtained by CBS News producer Mary Mapes and freelance journalist Michael Smith, from Lt. Col. Bill Burkett, a former US Army National Guard officer. Was informed that my order was not in the system as of yet, was instructed to call back after 24 hrs. Everybody is forsale for a price Even BOB VILLA. The EdenPure heater uses 1500 Watts. Please check with your Demand Response Aggregator for eligibility. My electric bill actually increased. Patents by Inventor Bill Burkett. Issues of safety, durability, and return on investment must be considered before purchasing one of the most expensive portable infrared heaters on the market. [1], Burkett had received publicity in 2000, after making and then retracting a claim that he had been transferred to Panama for refusing "to falsify personnel records of Governor Bush",[2] and in February 2004, when he claimed to have knowledge of "scrubbing" of Bush's TexANG records. And, BTW, author of this site, it is SQUARE FEET, not CUBIC as you stated. I purchaser 2 EP 2 years ago and they work fine in my 1900sq foot home.I bought them to stop those money grubbing gas companys.I read all you're complaints,and no one had the common sense to understand some people may just want to get the oil money suckers out of their lives. I bet they will not stand behind the heater because you cannot get anyone to answer the phone and they just want you to give up. I'm going to have to take back part of the comment about space heaters. I finally find the place and they said i only had 30 days warranty not 60 days. Call your agent or insurance company if you have any questions. They basically cut our heating bills in half and keep us nice and warm during the cold Pennsylvania winter nights. Keep up the good work EdenPURE! Call now at (937) 773-8350 to schedule a service request today the other heater 1 year old the heater tube burned out' I saved $200.00 in heating bills , but spent 300.00 more on electricity. It is great for days like today when the chill was just too much in the house, but it is not something you want to use consistently during the day and night. They were not meant to be used in that manner. The blower came on but no heat. Oh Al, It is you who does not understand electric restisance heating AT ALL Continue to believe what you want to believe. Even a child knows that hot air rises. Connect with Us 5360 Red Arrow Hwy, Stevensville, MI 49127 PH: (269) 428-2723 PH: (877) 494-9357 Contact Us This article will examine the claims made by EdenPUREs manufacturer and expose their lies. A radiant barrier works best in the attic. Ads for EdenPURE portable infrared heaters promise energy savings of up to 50 percent. How can 1500 watts out perform 1500 watts? I used to think Alex Trebec was an honorable man, but after seeing him and others like him offer this insurance that IS a SCAM for seniors, I have no respect for him. Design in an electric heater is everything. Yes other heaters have safety cut off switches but there not much good if your sofa has set on fire because the fire was too close. Needless to say, i WILL NOT be buying any expensive heating units with misleading claims of their efficiency and lower monthly savings. Im just another sucker. 1500w in one heater is not the same as 1500w in another using different tech to generate heat. It claims to scrub the air in a 1000 cubic foot room. The Edenpure is better than most electric heaters because Of how it creates its heat. The same amount of air goes through. Price? So people, please pay attention to this post and others like it and don't fall victim to this Biotech/Eden pure scam. In other words a fan force heater will heat a space faster and then turn off faster while a pure convection heater will take much longer. The same method can be used in the walls, ceiling, and floor of a mobile home to regulate its temperature. However, the radiant barrier can't be sandwiched between two objects as the contact point transfers heat away quite nicely. Infrared heaters are efficient and fast, and can also be a good choice for fast zone heating as they have fans (with all the consequences I mentioned above). If you can't understand that then you must be stupid. Its a different volume of air being heated for different applications. For all those engineering types, HVAC types, etc. You also only heat one room so it costs over $2 per room at an 8 hour run. I just received an ad in the mail for a Comfort Furnace, Infrared Heater, that has all the same claims as the Eden Pure and selling for $329.00 (sale price) and a 3 yr warranty. Contact Burkett's Heating & The heater has been an awsome pool heater and we have had great luck with it over the years. ft house that you keep at 70 degrees during the winter. My only issue is that the second year it started turning off all the time for no reason and now it's just sitting in my spare room doing nothing. You do the math. Light Commercial Heating & Cooling. The machine shot out sparks.

Secrets Akumal Portofino Menu, Articles B