Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

condolence message for political leader

Thank you!! No one and nothing can fill the void created by the loss of your dear brother. May the almighty be with the departeds family. Regular protagonist Stan Marsh, realizing the whole election is a sham and objecting to both candidates, attempts to register a protest by not voting, but the whole town vilifies him, then exiles him. I had an opportunity to serve with her in the 9th Parliament. Please remember that you are not alone as you mourn the death of your sister. ISTANBUL/ANKARA, Feb 23 (Reuters) - The head of Turkey's main opposition party on Thursday sent a condolence letter to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose country was also devastated by the. Name: P.G.Abraham. I'm so lucky to have met him in this life. Dr. Jagan can rest comfortably in the secure knowledge that he fulfilled for his country and the region much more than could be expected from a single human being even one as exceptional as he. He will be missed for his goodness in life. His message starts off by referring to Mr Nelson Mandela as the "great leader of the struggle for freedom and a hero to millions around the world." He goes on to say "that the late leader inspired the South African people with patriotism by courageously leading them to achieve independence with ethnic harmony". I was deeply saddened to hear about your [mother's/father's] passing. Your son was a charismatic young man. Amen. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. on the Internet from March 7 to March 16, 1997 Your father will be missed. This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. I can understand your pain, but the soul that is no more with us shall see peace and rest. That precedent may make this quote seem like a dangerous response to an election, but muttered in the safety of home, or on the Internet, its a concise yet generally applicable response to anything and everything that doesnt seem to be working out. This is an example of a condolence letter. Ive said it before and Ill say it again: Democracy simply doesnt work. Kent Brockman, The SimpsonsNewscaster Kent Brockman draws his political conclusions far too broadly after Congress proposes a bill to evacuate Springfield before a comet smashes it, an opportunist adds in a rider for $30 million of taxpayer money to support the perverted arts, and the bill fails. Now if youll excuse me, I have to cancel a photo op with a goat. C.J. For the full statement, click here. When she found her government too unresponsive to the issues she championed, she ran for political office, and won. His life was characterized by an incalculable breath and depth and height of devotion and service to his country and to his countrymen and women. May everyone find peace during this time. Chairman continues to rest in Gods bosom. I dont understand whats going on with it.George Hanson, Easy RiderThe Vietnam-era hippie heroes of Easy Rider are on a road trip that often feels like a dangerous passage through hostile territory. Silas Muriuki Rutere MP North Imenti Constituency under Mazingira Green Party of KenyaYou were a true inspiration to me. Our condolences go to Professor Maathai's family, to the people of Kenya, and to the countless women (and men) across Africa and the world to whom she was an inspiration. ", Edward Seaga, Leader of the Opposition in Jamaica wrote: "His integrity and deep commitment to principles in which he believed made him an outstanding figure in the political spectrum. As she told the world, we must not tire, we must not give up, we must persist. Her legacy will stand as an example to all of us to persist in our pursuit of progress. My country was a close friend of Professor Maathai. A condolence letter is a time-tested way to tell the bereaved that their loved one mattered to you, that you care. "He was the brightest gem in the land." She was kindhearted, helpful and committed to serving her country the best way she could. Some people find it hard to do it, and that is why some of these fantastic profile pic comments for Facebook will help. What a true leader we had in your son. A child's death is a parent's worst nightmare, so sharing your heartfelt sympathies is very meaningful. The news of Shinzo Abe's assassination has prompted messages of shock and condolences from foreign leaders, many of whom worked with Abe during the former Prime Minister's long tenure. (Its a two-party system, after all, and no ones going to vote for a third-party candidate.) "The Dr. Cheddi Jagan Condolence Book". In politics, she will be remembered for the role she played in agitating for political reforms that paved the way for the countrys second liberation. RIP. 1999 Cheddi Jagan Research Centre. I am so sorry to hear the news about your [mother/father]. Certainly Americans can relate, after yet another election cycle where constant negativism and character assassination makes them feel like all their voting options are bad. Her tart summation has a vaguely noble, above-it-all ring that might come in handy for anyone looking for a more elegant way of saying, Yall is stupid.. It is not how long a man lives, but how deep that life is. It also will leave a particularly broad void in the ranks of world class leadership among the English-speaking Caricom Nations ,as well as the rest of the hemisphere. She forged new ground for women in Kenya helping shatter what we would call the "glass ceiling" in the United States. Of course he would have scoffed at such suggestions He would have wanted to work hard to the end. Our thoughts are with you and your family. It uses the seven components that should be part of a condolence letter; however, there is no need to follow this template. Its cold comfort to accept that an undesirable election result lies in the accursed alchemy between a largely uninformed, easily manipulated public and an unscrupulous, impenetrable political machine, but at least that absolves disappointed voters who feel guilty that they didnt do more to influence the outcome. Find up to date information on visitors and their tributes below. Not only was she the first African woman to receive the Nobel Peace Prize in 2004, but also the first to receive the prize for her contribution to sustainable development, democracy and peace. If your candidate goes down in flames, though, this quote is useful for pointing out that the other guys victory implies something unsavory about him all on its own. She was a true leader. Gold Standard: Oscars edition - Best Director. God rest his soul. Condolence messages for loss of a great leader May the soul of your mother be at peace with our Heavenly Father. East Africa has lost an individual whose worth is immeasurable. We will miss a great leader and an example in so many ways. Your memories will always stay with me no matter where I go and what I do! She was highly respected and admired not only for her pioneer work for environmental protection and sustainable development, but also for her work for womens rights and democracy. A Warrior Falls - The Death of President Cheddi Jagan, Read all the messages sent into "The Dr. Cheddi Jagan Condolence Book" His voice would have been heard on the side of reconciliation and national unity. There are few people who have had such a profound impact on the future direction of humanity than Wangari Maathai. My condolences to you and your family. You conquered, yes you did. 9. Dear [last name] family, I was incredibly saddened to hear of the passing of [name and class]. Its a big loss. Amina Mohamed Deputy Executive Director UNEPYour commitment, intellect, sense of humor but above all the simple and straightforward manner of relating to all of us will for me be a lesson always on modesty and humility. on the Internet from March 7 to March 16, 1997, Archive of the Updates on President Jagan's Medical Crisis, Updates From Guyana Following the Death of President Jagan, Funeral procesion in front of Freedom House. May his soul rest in peace. Here is a list of comforting short condolence messages: Please accept my deepest condolences. In all situationswhether on the public stage or away from the camerasWangaris passion for justice, and her deep desire for a better, fairer world shone through. All Rights Reserved. Tributes and condolence messages poured in from business and political leaders for former chairman of the Bajaj Group Rahul Bajaj who passed away in Pune on Saturday. On the Corentyne, hundreds of sugar workers attached to the Albion sugar estate, downed tools for the day and marched to the home where the late President was born. Dr. Ayub Macharia Acting Director General, NEMAWe have lost a key pillar for the environment but the seeds she sowed will live forever. He went on to say he had "very close bonds of friendship" with Cheddi Jagan. I am convinced that her work will not, and should not, be in vain. Your daughter was a legend. I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks as you go through your grieving process. The Indian pacer's father passed away at the age of 74 on February 22 after a prolonged illness in Nagpur. We shall always pray for you. Her energy and life-long dedication to improve the lives and livelihoods of people will continue to inspire generations of young people around the world. The news of Cheddi Jagan's passing on March 6, 1997 was received with great sadness in Guyana, and around the world. Rest in peace! My most sincere condolences! It may be challenging to find the appropriate condolences for an email, note, or text message. No matter wherever he is, hell always be watching over you. The footprints she has left on our continent will bear everlasting witness to posterity that a great lady, A true Pan-African and a lover of nature, walked this earth. Many write an excellent condolence message, but words fail them. May God give them the peace that you seek. Both known people and those unknown by many have families that feel the loss when they die. They illustrate the kind of man, Cheddi Jagan was to his supporters, his peers and to his opponents: The people of Guyana: "He was the Mahatma Gandhi of Guyana." Our deepest sympathies, friend. Those who have stood by him faithfully all these trying years, struggling for the peoples rights, know his wishes, his dreams, his plans. Burns, The SimpsonsWhen Springfield plutocrat Mr. Burns runs for governor, hoping to change environmental law so he can save $56 million by not updating his dangerously broken-down power plant, the Simpson family, as usual, gets in the way. May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Here are some of those messages. You have left a legacy for us to protect and preserve Mother Nature for the future generations. Whatever they did to you, please forgive them. So sorry to hear of the passing of a great boss. May God shower light on your life ahead and guide you through these sad days. This portable projector plays your movies in crisp, high-contrast, 1080p detailno matter where you are. Wangari was a true visionary whose work and life served as a powerful example to women everywhere. You know what? Prime Minister Modi offered condolences to Umesh and his family by sending a letter . Comrade Michael Majok Ambassador of the Republic of South SudanProfessor Wangari Maathai is the Pride of Africa and has shown that we have a credible and iconic personality on our continent and the whole world. Holding you close in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time. What distinguished him from others was that special ability to understand the central contradiction of the times, to grasp the most critical question of the day and ably articulate them in a simple and understandable way. We cannot tire or give up. Worthy advice for those who will carry on her work. For more, click here. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy for this unfortunate event. Never forget, you have friends who love you. A president gets diplomatic condolence messages from government quarters, private agencies, and citizens impacted by the presidency. I don't remember when was the last time I cried this much. Our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy. ", The Cuban Federation of Women wrote: "the Cuban people and particularly the women will always remember Cheddi Jagan as an untireable struggler for social justice and independence..". ISTANBUL/ANKARA (Reuters) - The head of Turkey's main opposition party on Thursday sent a condolence letter to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose country was also devastated by the Feb. 6. The Cheddi Jagan Research Centre located in Georgetown, Guyana. We are deeply sorry for your loss. Those we love don't go away; they walk beside us in our hearts and memories. More than that, he was a born leader, a tireless fighter for his people, as well as a gentle, courteous man who combined charisma with compassion. Professor Maathais personal efforts, leadership, and practical community work in Kenya and Africa inspire us all by demonstrating the real progress that can be made in addressing environmental security and sustainable development challenges where people have the courage to make the difference. You worked hard and always followed the path of honesty. Wangaris fearless strength in adversity, her creative approach to building a peaceful, healthy planet and her hard work to inspire and empower women will live on. Sharing in your sorrow. I pray for your departed soul! I will forever love you. He was not cut to be a bystander Still those years of peace and writing he might have had are a loss to the rest of us. WCK vows to continue on your noble work and will embrace the objectives of the Green Belt Movement in Kenya and beyond. Of irreproachable life he was first and foremost a family man. 5. It was with great sadness the message was received that Professor Wangari Mathaai had passed away. Now you are gone. What a great leader he was. Copyright 2023 The Green Belt Movement. Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At The End Of The UniverseZaphod Beeblebrox and his crew aboard the starship Heart Of Gold are on their way to meet the mysterious Ruler Of The Universe when author Douglas Adams takes a break from the action for a brief chapter on political theory. Rest in peace, boss. General Julius Karangi - Chief of Defence ForcesFirstly, our most sincere condolence to the family, friends and entire GBM fraternity during this time of grief. I dont think there is any politician that has shown that longevity in terms of standing for principles despite the difficulties which he had to face in Guyana in the 70s and the 60s and so on. RIP. Professor, you gave a voice to the voiceless. Rest well in our Eternal Fathers Peace. Your father was a leader, organizer and humanitarian we all loved. Nothing is more painful in this world than losing someone you love so dearly. Besides, bumfuzzled is a great word, and the overall implication is that one loss doesnt end the struggle, and tomorrow is another day. (PTI) His last tweet condoled the . Here are some of those messages. Jagan. And all we say now is that in remembrance of the Prof, we shall soldier on in pursuit of what she stood for. Id better get used to having to pick between a douche and a turd sandwich, because its usually the choice Ill have. Stan Marsh, South ParkSouth Parks episode-length lesson on the hypocrisies of democracy, Douche And Turd, centers on a prank-skewed election that has its kids choosing between a giant douche or a shit sandwich as their new school mascot. Thank you for being there. When it emerged that the King would hold an audience with Von der Leyen . Condolence message on death of a president is written differently compared to condolence message of a friend. Long rest in peace messages need one to reflect on the kind of leader the politician was. Death and grief are part of human experiences. Homer Simpson takes advantage of this position when he and the rest of his fellow puny earthlings are enslaved in service of President Kang, a giant green alien who wins the 1996 election after Homer accidentally ejects Bill Clinton and Bob Dole into outer space, leaving the electorate to decide between Kang and his identical partner, Kodos. You have accomplished many good things in life. I hope you know that you meant the world to him. Today we lost a leader, role model and father figure. He was wise beyond his years. Condolence message on death of a president is written differently compared to condolence message of a friend. Few have done as much as he did to nurture the age-old ties of family and friendship between Guyana and India. Messages of Condolences. We loved you and admired your leadership. What a boss we have lost. And, she found her true passion as the founder of the Green Belt Movement. You helped me through your advice, material support and continued appeal to greenbelt members in my constituency, in capturing the North Imenti seat. Rachel A. Arungah Commissioner Public Service Commission of KenyaVice Chairperson, Commissioners and members of the Public service commission join the family and friends of our great daughter, mother and friend in mourning her passing on when there was still too much for her to do. We are celebrating your legacy and not mourning you because you were one of the rare gems. May the Almighty grant the family of our boss strength. We wish the family and Green Belt employees and fellow Kenyans strength at this time of great loss. She worked tirelessly both as an elected Member of Parliament and an Assistant Minister for Environment and Natural Resources. Natasha Jagan Brancier (Cheddi Jagan's granddaughter). There has been no one like you. ", Dominica Prime Minister, Edison James said: "All of us as Caricom Heads will remember one of the major contributions that Dr. Jagan continued to make and that was to urge all of us as to the need for a Regional Development Fund, later named the Regional Integration Fund something which Dr. Jagan saw as a crucial and indispensable tool in taking this region to a higher level of development. Immediate Personal Condolences Loss of a Spouse Loss of a Parent Loss of a Sibling Sudden Loss Loss of a Child Suicide Loss Anniversary of a Death Loss of a Pet Alternative Condolences to. In any situation, writing a sympathy note can be challenging. So despite their grief and pain, I hope that Wangaris family and friends can see that her work has not ended with her passingbut that instead, Wangaris spirit will live on in the daily acts of the tens of thousands of people who are now carrying forward her struggle to create a fairer, more sustainable world. Name: Debasis Patnaik, Sydney, Australia. ", The Womens Progressive Organisation (Guyana) the womens section of the People's Progressive Party wrote: "The WPO in this sorrowful period, wishes to acknowledge the great contribution our great and beloved leader made towards the Guyanese nation. It is with great sadness that I learned today of Wangari Maathai's passing. We will miss her great shining smile and her indomitable spirit but all those she has inspired will keep her vision alive through each small action we take toward a better world. On behalf of all Americans, Michelle and I send our deepest condolences to Professor Maathais family and the people of Kenya at this difficult time. ", United States President, Bill Clinton wrote: "President Jagan was a champion of the poor who devoted himself to alleviating poverty in his country and throughout the Caribbean.". It's an honour to remain your best friend until your last moments. Were not bumfuzzled. A backlash emerged in the UK this week after the British monarch hosted the EU chief. re: condolence message on the passing on of former president benjamin william mkapa It is with shock and regret that we at the East African Community have received the sad news of the untimely demise of retired President Benjamin William Mkapa, the 3 rd President of the United Republic of Tanzania and a Founding Father of the EAC, in the wee . She was a one-of-a-kind team leader. How to pay KPLC postpaid bill via M-Pesa? 4. Our prayers and thoughts are with your family during this painful time that you have lost your husband. ", Secretary-General of Caricom, Edwin Carrington wrote: "He was not afraid to employ his considerable talents to forge innovative ideas and approaches in coming to grips with the problems of the region, particularly those imposed by debt and poverty. After all, they voted wrong, right? A great woman, an inspiration for many women across Africa, a magnificent visionary and embodiment of courage. The estranged wife and moral compass of an aircraft magnate and political naf who's been manipulated into running for president, Mary Matthews (Katharine Hepburn) issues this supreme burn to the. May God keep her soul in eternal peace. I was privileged to have known and worked with her. King Charles remarked to Sinn Fin deputy leader Michelle O'Neill how her party, was now the largest at Stormont when the Speaker quickly jumped in and said "don't tell Jeffrey" - a reference to . Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news. Prof. Florida A. Karani Chancellor Maseno UniversityWe thank the Almighty God for the gift of Prof. Wangari Maathai, a principled lady who believed in what she stood for. The world mourns with you and celebrates the extraordinary life of this remarkable woman who devoted her life to peacefully protecting what she called our common home and future.. But through it all, Wangari Maathai remained, as the title of her autobiography aptly put it, unbowed. We continue to be restless, she wrote in that book, If we really carry the burden, we are driven to action. Wangari Maathai was a force of nature. Our hearts go out to you and your family. Her powerful voice calling for a shared and harmonious environment will be missed in the whole world. Please accept my condolences. Sorry to hear about the loss. Kenya will remember you forever! I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. Perhaps because she was always advocating for something better, she did not stop often enough to reflect on how she had already made the world a better place. Dealing with loss is never easy. You were and will always remain an immense inspiration. Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi expressed deep grief over the passing away of the First Lady. Please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. ", Chief Minister of the British Virgin Islands, Ralph ONeal wrote: "I will always treasure our fine relationship and his very sage advice given, especially during our regional meetings. I salute the memory of an exceptional woman, known for her strength and her noble engagements which are far reaching. May God grant peace to the deceased and extend blessings to his family. [Name], I am so sorry that your [parent, sister, cousin, nephew, etc. With love and friendship. With love and friendship. Her passion and commitment have moved countless people to take action to improve their communities. Our condolences! Use this sample to help you organize your thoughts and ideas. Messages poured into Guyana from around the world, from friends and acquaintances of Cheddi Jagan. ", Prime Minister of Mauritius, Dr. Navinchaandra Ramgoolam, wrote: "He won the hearts and affections of the people of our nation, and will be mourned by millions overseas. He was a wise leader. 6. I am deeply saddened by the death of my remarkable friend Wangari Maathai. India lost a great soul & the finest politician. With teardrops running down my face, I bid you farewell. In your pain and sorrow, remember that he was a great man. He had another dream, that came true, to bring unity to the land, We shall all miss her. Margaret Otieno Chief Executive Officer, Wildlife Clubs of KenyaThe governing council, members and staff of Wildlife Clubs of Kenya (WCK) in the spirit of conservation, pay tribute to a great lady in honour of her care and passion for our environment and concern for the future generations. I never knew just how painful goodbyes were until death took you away from me. I share your grief with you upon the loss of your aunt. But her contributions to her home continent-and to our shared humanity-run far deeper than accolades can reflect. Your father was an outstanding man, and it seems that he has left us too soon. A boss is a leader whether they were governing a small group of people or a huge corporation. While others deployed their power and life force to damage, degrade and extract short term profit from the environment, she used hers to stand in their way, mobilize communities and to argue for conservation and sustainable development over destruction. We hope that his family is surrounded by love. The trouble is, many of us don't know what to write or worry that we will hit the wrong note. We were sad to hear the news about your father's passing. We will miss the laughter and warmth your brother brought to work. You politicians have stayed professionals only because the voters have remained amateurs. Mary Matthews,State Of The UnionThe estranged wife and moral compass of an aircraft magnate and political naf whos been manipulated into running for president, Mary Matthews (Katharine Hepburn) issues this supreme burn to the corrupt wheeler-dealers whove been masterminding her husbands sham campaign. From early on, Dr. Maathai was a tireless advocate for the environment, for women and for all those in the developing world who are unable to realize their potential. The head of Turkey's main opposition party on Thursday sent a condolence letter to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose country was also devastated by the Feb. 6 earthquake, saying . Rest in peace. While The Simpsons still stands as the go-to source for pithy, universal responses to life, other pop-culture sources also have useful things to say when we cant find the right words ourselves. I cant imagine what everyone who worked under our boss must be feeling right now. She founded the Green Belt Movement that has planted millions of trees and helped women throughout Africa improve their lives and the futures of their families and their communities. It is also this constant and untiring engagement which led to her being the first woman from Africa to receive the Nobel Peace Prize in 2004. For instance, when our political candidates lose: 1. This will never be forgotten. I am thinking of you at this time of loss. You gave a new meaning to respect for Human dignity. 3. Green Belt Movement, Kenya and Africa have lost an extremely important person, but she will remain in our hearts. She was known throughout the development and human rights community not just for her inspirational eloquence, but for her human warmth.

Premier Sports Virgin Media Ireland, Articles C

condolence message for political leader