Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

forced diversity in advertising

The black women get the white men, or a woman of any color, and thats another culture that we are bombarded with gender-less actors hmmm is it a male or a female. Either way, marketing was just generic white dude stuff. Tribalism isnt going anywhere ever. As the Cranky put it so well its obvious that people of color are simply plugged into white cultural settings. Its usually because no one on the marketing campaign asked POC hikers about their hiking experiences. Politically correct is out of control!! Clearly, the activists behind this type of propaganda are not, and will never be, content to just live their lives and leave everyone else alone. But if fitness ads over present black people some of them may say that they target them because people think that only black people are fat. If we are waiting for Republicans to get up off their asses, I think well be waiting a long time. No, but they see opportunities to work with the Marxists who are also only interested in their own enhancement. And based themselves within Columbia University in NY. I agree that we need to tell the advertisers what we want by not purchasing their items or services. Plan to go the distance or dont go at all. According to 2020 Census data, white people make up 61.6 percent of the population, black people 12.4 percent, Hispanics or Latinos 18.7 percent, and Asians 6 percent. As for myself, they are missing their mark because I dont watch the commercials anymore I see nothing recognizable in them. As you can see, you are hardly alone. Yikes. Its so common that you just eat your breakfast and go hm why dont those people in those neighborhoods do something about that? All of the Big Tech companies are woke, and Microsoft goes out of its way to make its politics obvious. Its shallow and degrading. Ive been retired for a year now and watch more TV than I have in a while and I thought the same thing. Thank you for your comment. In more than 90% of the simulations run by Facebook, diverse representation was the winning strategy for ad recall lift. Have you also noticed that the majority of the commercials now have rap and hip hop in the background and are portraying things towards kids like the Kool-Aid guy wearing a gold chain and doing rap or hip hop? blacks commit hate crimes at twice the rate (Am I allowed to notice this or will I be labeled as racist?). Be careful when reading that research study. Now, it's an ad, and in the end it doesn't matter, however, I feel this forced diversity does impact some aspects of media. Youre right, Zan. Why is that the right decision for CBS, audience or sponsors? Im starting to say words I never dreamed Id say a few years ago when I once again see these commercials. Hi, Merle. African American families living in 2 million dollar, mid-century modern mountain homes, driving 60K cars. What to do? Recently, I too have seen greater representation of Asians and Hispanics in commercials, while the over-representation of blacks has stayed about the same. You pretty much have to go to the outdoors/hunting/fishing channels for that. However, 90% of those are Asian and hispanic interracial marriages. I like sports so I watch it, but am now forced to mute and turn to the guide to avoid hearing and seeing the woke advertising nonsense. I can live my life freely and am never required to participate in anyones cause, no matter how righteous its considered. They call out white privilege for those who have higher Motivational Values. 2. Thanks, Jackson. Advertisers, be aware Im not alone. Can I interest you in a Jeremys razor? As to the why of it all, Im still looking for a good answer myself. so we dont realize how were the cattle. Sorry, but the black guy in the star wars wasn't such a good actor. The comments to the thread are right on the money too. They now account for nearly 19 percent of the U.S. population, yet they are in nowhere near 19 percent of TV commercials. colorful. While anyone is free to buy these products, and they arent restricted, just going by reality and consumer numbers, why are brands suddenly trying to appeal to what might be less than 5% of there target market? I guess if you can have fake news why not fake commercials. And none have ever been placed on such a high pedestal as Serena Williams. So in short, replace the current population and weaken the next generation with confusion so there is nobody to fight back. Hit them where it hurts their profit margins and tell them why youre leaving. . lol. Im a lush so this will be perfect! When I graduated and applied for jobs in corporate America, everyone wanted diversity (read: straight white males need not apply). . So Progressives get more and more LEFT because after activists achieve their original goals, they MUST make NEW GOALS, and NEVER BE SATISFIED because THEY NOW COUNT ON THEIR ACTIVISTS JOBS for their livelihoods. Keep watching CNN and MSNBC! It's time for action. Yet, today its getting to the point where the average family in a TV commercial will soon consist of a black man, a white woman, and their two Chinese kids. It is pathetic and I refuse to watch all of these commercials and online ads .. Do you feel as though youve allowed yourself to be reprogrammed or conditioned to feel like youre going down the race rabbit hole? American Marxism is a somewhat difficult read due to his command of the American English language, but Levin goes back in history and lays out the beginning foundations of every social and political upheaval we are experiencing now. And not created and shown exponentially more than they are present in the real world in order to enforce an agenda and brainwash the populace. Its so stupid. Walt Disney did not have a problem depicting masculine heroes. Let us all push back. Advertising is just the tip of this rather large iceberg. What she/he is doing to womens college swimming is a travesty!! I was starting to believe that it was I who was exaggerating the amount of blacks in commercials. As you note, weve allowed our culture to somehow brand masculinity as toxic a big mistake, as it is and always has been the natural combination of masculine and feminine parents that has allowed the human race to survive, to birth and raise the next generation, and to prosper in a harsh world. But once again, American Marxism, Mark Levin. some stick and become part of the public consciousness. I was dropping something off at USPS Store the other day. Want to know where this is really coming from? I never watch commercials or ads. Or men like my husband who isnt lazy and isnt a criminal? dumb commercials are not necessarily a bad thing. The current state of race relations goes back to the 60s with LBJs civil rights Bill. Expert Panel, Forbes Communications Council. Maybe, we should all stop buying products from any of these companies that use these tactics and the governments now need to intervene to stop this escalating further as this will cause issues, Yeah, I understand things are as bad or worse in the UK, Ian. are flooded with open borders watering down the natives. Thank you for my new mantra in this next season: Art to be good, has to reflect truth in nature and if doesnt, then it is propaganda. Brilliant and true. Have you noticed, even the cartoon commercials contain black, interracial and gay people in them. I never believed one could make chicken salad out of chicken poop, but obviously those individuals making TV commercials believe it can be done. Because racism is OK when its a minority group thats doing it. As a marketer, I understand that maybe advertisers are trying to reach new customer groups. Be loud! I dont know where it ends, but I hate the globalists for their evil, greed, and corruption, and try to contribute as little to their profits as possible. I went on a two month road trip Nov-Dec. 2020. My blood pressure increases every time I (try to) shop online (Target, Marks & Spencer, etc.). Dove soap is perhaps the most prominent example, but there are others. Sadly, I think you are largely correct. Opinion: Survey Says: Americans Are Dumber Than a Bag of Rocks, he founded Jeremys Razors as an alternative to Harrys, https://fox59.com/business/press-releases/ein-presswire/606081233/extreme-reach-study-finds-increase-in-percent-of-white-people-seen-and-male-voices-heard-in-video-ad-creative-in-2022/, a brand like Chewy that works so hard to deliver positive experiences. https://fox59.com/business/press-releases/ein-presswire/606081233/extreme-reach-study-finds-increase-in-percent-of-white-people-seen-and-male-voices-heard-in-video-ad-creative-in-2022/. The healthy choice, I think, is to get off of social media. Sorry, Carl, but theres only so much I can pack into one Cranky blog post. I am a CAT. I live in Saint Louis. Get pregnant, get free insurance, get food stamps and sell them 0.50 on the dollar. I dare say it has produced more comments than any of your other blogs. Below, they share their best tips for doing so. Having Expectations to achieve as much as possible with persistence in spite of the obstacles and the snags that life presents. Nice idea, Timothy, but I doubt that would solve anything. We were told that race could and should be used as a tie breaker when choosing between two otherwise equal job candidates. Facebook is as unreasonable as Twitter, its just more successful because, despite his many other flaws, Zuckerberg bears a slightly closer resemblance to a book than Dorsey or those now in charge at Twitter ever did. Do not lie, do not cheat, and do not steal from anybody or anything. It feels forced, obvious and its now constantly shoved in our face. theres no such thing as reverse discrimination. So this makes for a huge boulder rolling down the hill with great momentum. Different strokes for different folks, Bob, but you have to admit, the man knows the Constitution. These fatherless children become bitter adults that seem to want to exact their revenge now through these various culture and media outlooks, but sadly this perpetuates the cycleAll the while deteriorating a consumer landscape that has less money, less confidence, less curiosity, lower critical thinking skills, less innovation and less resilience when confronted with challenges and uncomfortable topics. Todays advertising presents black people precisely as a monolithic group of affluent, sensible (compared to their white counterparts) folks who love camping in the back yard and reading bedtime stories to their kids. I dont care if you want to throw in a black family here and there on TV but leaving out all whites and other races for that matter, is not diversity! Amen Robert! Its baked into our being. And luxury car commercials. Until Black leaders come out and say something nothing will change. By portraying all cultures the same with people of all races talking and behaving white these ads and advertisers actually disrespect, and misrepresent, every culture. Although both are paying a price for it, the losses in revenue are apparently seen merely as an investment toward the cause. And lets not forget its also the guns fault. I kept scrolling and scrolling until it felt like I was inside The Truman Show and the producers were playing some kind of weird joke on me to see how I would react. When corporations like Google and Facebook have total control over the information and ideas that we are allowed to see and share, and the direction of the country is being altered by invisible forces with their own hidden agendas, then we as a country have big problems and wed better wake up. I cant help but notice the blatancy of this and it feels so forced and ingenuine. Theres nothing like a hay-bale-throwin, truck driven guy who know how to fix things! What is driving this discrimination? Yall bitching cause Cheerios shows a black man with a dumb white wife and a Chinese kid? These points are not racist at all. Then stop buying General Mills products. And I am CONVINCED this is due to SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS and PACs and ACTIVISTS. So much for learning from one another through healthy dialogue and debate. So now, some black people are using their skin color to get their way and win the ghetto lotto. As a guy who runs a blog focused on advertising, I feel compelled to follow the social media accounts of industry trade publications such as Ad Age, Adweek, and Digiday. 10% of the population in Middle Eastern countries are Christian. To a black person, diversity means adding black people. His presence was a sign, so the argument goes, that the movie's creators had clear left-liberal . These days, we are all seeing a hell of a lot of propaganda. Are tv ads only meant to target black purchasers? Ever notice that on the so-called mainstream TV you never see any ads with a father and son anymore. And the victim mindset is poisoning our culture as we make the very creator of our stable lifehard working men, the villain. I feel that pushing this agenda has given the blacks an over inflated sense of self worthin that instead of taking a productive place in American society it has just emboldened them (blacks) to riot, burn, smash and grab, accost, push people into train tracks, attack people on the street, carjack, murder, and a myriad of other crimes and not be punished for it. Advertising clearly misrepresents the US demographic. Hi, James! Call me crazy. Thank you for writing this article! 3. You will see a lot of these cheap videos on YouTube, or like those small screen pop-up videos that plague monetized food recipe blog/channels. no taxpayer is going to care about my first world problem..lol. Again, its fine if they dont match pure census demos as long as it is for a marketing purpose, not social engineering goal. Interesting observation, Phelan! In general when companies and advertisers say they want 50% minority representation they mean 50% black, not asian or hispanic. However, that does not explain why they ignore the 80% of whites that are the current and future customer of these products. These trends in media and advertising grieve me deeply for 2 reasons. The sad truth is, the spectre of slavery in Americas past is now merely a convenient tool used by one political party to drive a wedge between black people and white people. Yes, changing channels and closing out of online ads are two ways of telling advertisers their ads dont interest you. And we have not noticed it and allowed it to happen!! Im actually socially liberal in many respects but I do have an issue with the Uber-woke accusing anyone who does not align 100% with their worldview as being an -ist or a -phobe, and marginalizing whites. Im a 64-year-old liberal white female who usually votes Democratic but Ive been noticing this more and more. Anti racism is still racism. It should be degrading them as it totally erases their culture and transforms them into white culture. See, Robert, I think you should have asked me to tackle this subject anyway. The foreign-born population was only 5% in 1965 compared with 14% today. Remember that the Asians were brought here as slaves to work on the railroads.

Alyssa Married At First Sight Narcissist, Articles F

forced diversity in advertising