Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

h4 port of entry documents

Need some information , I got US VISA stamped on Oct 2015 and i got VISA for 3 years till Sept 2018 . Its possible your H4 visa application will be rejected. Could you please suggest on this , As i am very much tensed on this, Want to talk to you urgently. A passport - H4 visa applicant and the H1 visa holder. but i want to take risk. Anyone who was ever a visa overstay in the U.S. must apply for the visa at a consular office in their country of nationality. Do I need to have my POE in and around my work location or can I land at some other city as Im planning to visit family friends before heading to my work location? B1/B2, H1, F1? Once I secure a project then theyll initiate my visa transfer. A Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer attaches Form I-94 to the nonimmigrant visitors passport upon entry to the U.S. I dnt have Marriage certificate to apply h4 visa to go US. akm6270, November 21, 2014 in Travel. ? H-4 dependents may study in the U.S. on either a full or part time basis. If asked, you can share the same. Did you travel from the same company which got H1B stamped for you? Dont worry too much. Yes, please share your experience at the POE. Sample H4 Visa US Entry Stamp at Port of Entry by CBP Officer, Travel to USA Processes, Samples, How to Guides, Visa Category Stamps by CBP Officer at Port of Entry, US Visa Interview Waiver Options extended until Dec 31st, 2023. guys plzzzz do that mistake wat i did . If yes what kind of answers will be feasible.. Keep in mind that having an H4 visa or any US visa types does not guarantee entry to the US. You can check US Port of Entry Experiences Tracker to know more on common questions. The H-4 nonimmigrant alien continues to remain in valid nonimmigrant status as long as the principal alien remains in a valid nonimmigrant status. So nearest airport is Washington DC. I have lost my I 797 while traveling to india. My wife &a kid are traveling for the first time to US and POE would be Boston. It should be fine. She is traveling with two kids so it is more convinient since Chicago is a direct flight from Delhi. Murali, Yes, you should be fine to use the valid US visa to travel to the new state B. I have h1b stamping valid till Sep 2022 from employer A and currently i am working with employer B with i-797 approved till 2023. Obtaining an H4 visa in the U.S. opens up many doors. Yes, it is possible to apply for cap exempt H1B petition even after your H1B visa expiration on passport. there was a question on PoE but no problems at all. Now you need to set up your repayment method. They may ask the following questions to every H4 visa applicant: The interviewer will ask you several questions about your marriage. 3. In order to remain in the U.S., the child must change to a different nonimmigrant visa status (e.g., F-1 student, B-2 visitor). What do you plan on doing in the United States? Which type of visa do you want approval for? A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States. Now I requested my employer to apply extension , but they didnt turned up to renew the VISA due to premium processing stopped and client time lines.Now I approached new employer and I am planning to transfer. When entering US, they would issue I-94 on the basis of your 797, unless the passport is expiring earlier. Generally, immigration officers at Port of Entry, will ask you questions to verify your intention of travel. However, if the family members are in an independent status (e.g., F-1, O-1), they can remain in that status as long as it is valid. H4 visa holders can apply for a drivers license in the US. Rohit has extensive experience in credit risk analytics and data science. Did Imissanything ? However, my most recent entry to US was on the same H1B visa and I had original I797 back then. You can open your own H4 visa bank account like any other immigrant or citizen of the US with any banking institution. What would be the questions asked at the time POE? As there is only 9 months time , Is there any possibility of sending me back to India at Port of Entry interview as i am travelling late ? You can face issues at Port of entry, if anything is missing. UH units with questions relating to UH sponsorship in employment-based immigration categories should consult with FSIS staff. Is the principal beneficiary of an approved Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker; or; Has been granted H-1B status under sections 106(a) and (b) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 as amended by the 21st . I have a scanned original copy of my I 797. Your Green Card might be processed faster and you wont have to wait too long. Once you arrive in the U.S., you can apply for a drivers license. What university/college did your spouse graduate from? Disclosure: Content may contain sponsored links to partner programs and affiliates, which may earn us a commission from sales generated, at no additional cost. Was your marriage registered? Will there be any issue at POE??? Consider this as another visa interview and be confident. once again thanks for this post. Will there be any issue at POE ? Also note that the employer on the visa and the I-797 are different. Give correct information for each question without hesitating. My Visa is Going to expire on July . The CBP Officer would verify the identity of the person, would ask the H1B holder to give biometrics and take a picture as well. Under the automatic revalidation provision of immigration law, certain temporary visitors holding expired nonimmigrant visas who seek to return to the U.S. may be admitted at a U.S. port-of-entry by CBP, if they meet certain requirements, including, but not limited to the following: Nonimmigrants who departed the United States for brief travel . You might have to wait for years until your Green Card is approved. I have H1B petition approve till Sep 2017 but visa issue (stamped in Passport) till Sep 2017. STEM OPT card ( if applicable) that you may have used before H1B. Also, you should know the address of the place you'll be staying when you arrive, and the name of your employer and what kind of work you'll be doing. The procedure is easy and you can open it by providing your passport and local ID card. All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear! Your valid passport with at least one blank page. Thanks, Ricky. Saurabh, is it still ok to show copy of I797 at POE? I traveled on H1b in Dec 2015 on A company (Petition valid till 07/07/2017)and later transferred my H1b to B company in USA(Petition valid till 06/20/2017).. Due to family health emergency came to INDIA in Oct 2016. H-4 eligibilityObtaining and extending H-4 statusEmployment permitted for certain H-4 dependentsStudy permitted for H-4 dependents. Attach the following documents for each dependent to the Form I-539/I-539A: If dependents are in another country and will enter the U.S. in H-4 status, they do not need to file Form I-539/I-539A. Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, Information for Completing USCIS Forms. After you apply for H4 Visa interview at US Consulate in your country and it is approved, you would use that H4 Visa Stamp in Passport to travel to US. My H1B new cap petition was approved in August 2021 for Client A with LCA based on State A. If there are no red flags raised by the system, and CBP officer is convinced, they will let you enter US. How did you obtain all the documents required for the H4 Visa interview? This page was not helpful because the content: Preparing for Your Biometric Services Appointment, Identity Verification and the USCIS Immigrant Fee, Tips on Finding Your A-Number and DOS Case ID, Forms Processed at USCIS Lockbox Facilities, Additional Information on Filing a Reduced Fee Request, Department of State (DS) Forms and Other Non-USCIS Forms, CBPs I-94, Travel Records for U.S. In this article, we cover H1B visa documents checklist that you need to carry and what you need be prepared with. I have a valid visa till 2019. Many H4 visa holders have started their own businesses (with their own H4 loans), and have even hired their own employees as well. I always get nervous upon port entry cant wait till the questions are finished! Do you have any proof of this? H1B Port of Entry Documents Checklist, Process, US Port of Entry questions by CBP Officer, Short Term Travel Insurance for Travel to US on H1B. Yes, you can use the copy. They did not ask any documents other than my passport. And what are the questions they askedd you in POE? So you need to show them the petition to make sure that the I-94 is issued based on this 797 and old petition. RedBus2US.com 2010 - 2023, All Rights Reserved. As of April 30, 2013, most Arrival and/or Departure records are created electronically upon arrival. After you apply for H4 Visa interview at US Consulate in your country and it is approved, you would use that H4 Visa Stamp in Passport to travel to US. Our original marriage certificate We live in Dallas. Some people will particulate in a fake marriage to obtain a visa, so your interview should prove that you are your spouse are in fact married and have a close, loving relationship. Is the marriage affidavit certificate get by notary advocate is enough for visa stamping interview process ? H-4 dependents are not eligible for employment authorization. You may not be asked to show these documents in transit airports, when you are have connecting flights, but it is good to have all the info. Review our. Did you carry any other documents ? However, an H-4 spouse may apply for work authorization with USCIS if the H-1B employee has: To apply for work authorization, the H-4 spouse must file a Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization with USCIS. UH makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, about the content of this website, which includes links to external sites. There are two ways family members can acquire or extend H-4 status: (A) by applying for H-4 visas at a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the U.S. and then applying for H-4 admission at a U.S. port of entry or (B) by submitting a Form I-539 (and Form I-539A for each additional dependent) application to USCIS while they remain in the U.S. Use this option when the family members are either currently outside the U.S. and will enter as H-4 dependents or when they are in the U.S., but plan to depart before their current statuses expire and then return in H-4 status. If married only at the wedding registrar, you need to have these: Copy of your signed wedding registrar affidavit. immihelp.com is private non-lawyer web site. What is the highest degree of your spouse? Copy of my I-797 2. But the amendment got rejected after giving RFE. Remember to answer each question truthfully and to show your attachment and dependency on your spouse. But at port of entry you may have to go twice for the inspection. Copyright 1999-document.querySelector("#footer-year").innerHTML=new Date().getFullYear(); immihelp.com. Thanks, Actually my query is- I am trying for new employer to transfer my H1B before my VISA expires in July. Are you planning to get a job in the United States? The denial of entry happens in very rare cases, where there is fraud or misrepresentation of documents or anything as such. 21 Cheapest & Affordable Colleges in USA for International Students, How do I get a replacement Social Security Card for my child online, What Is The Visa For Parents To Visit Their Children In USA, Can You get US Citizenship after Student Visa. Moreover, you can study at one of the U.S.s many universities and even apply to transition to an H1B visa. Consider this as another visa interview and be confident. I-129 Petition Receipt Number, printed on approved Form I-129 petition and copy of Form I-797 approval. Passport. When you start your H4 visa application, you will get the DS-160 barcode. This page was generated at 10:36 PM. Thanks in advance (& sorry for many questions), Correction: My petition approve till Sep 2018*. You can check your visa status on the website of the US Embassy where you are applying by entering your application number. If the H-1Bs spouse is applying for H-4 status, the spouse completes the Form I-539 with their own information and sign the form in Part 5. If they pass the necessary drivers tests, they get the right to drive. Rohit Mittal is the co-founder and CEO of Stilt. Official websites use .gov Generally, a H4 visa holder is advised to carry the following documents. If you are applying separately though, the time it takes to process the H4 visa will be up to the US Embassy and the workload that they have. Also my employer on visa in passport and on I797 petition are different. No, it does not. Provide any additional information if required. Option 3: Extend I-94 by Visiting Nearest SENTRI Enrollment Centre 5. Pictures of your witnesses and whoever was conducting the ceremony. Could you share your experience? For any legal help or advice, we recommend hiring a qualified professional immigration attorney. You dont really have to change your name after marriage, such as changing last name to have the same as the husbands last name (or in South India, removing the fathers name as the last name and adding the husbands name as the last name). Jayendran, If the passport is valid until the I-797 expiration date, then they take the I-797 expiry datebut, if passport expiry is earlier, they use the passport expiration date. You can enroll in academic courses or programs. Hi Kaushal, The date till you can stay in US is mentioned on your I-94 which will be issued at POE. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer. https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/. or you just took little risk and landed in US for a different employer before H1B transfer? Employer location is Texas so am worried if there will be any issues due to this. You need to carry all supporting documentation related to your H1B visa petition stating that you have a job in US and it is speciality occupation. B1/B2, H1, F1. I didn't need to use AP as I applied for H1 overseas although I had a valid AP doc, never used it to enter US, after I applied for my H1, it had to go through Admin Processing at . He was travelling from India but his visa was about to expire within a month. How to Apply for H4 EAD? What are the documents needed for me to accompany them and is it a good option to travel at this time. How long have you and your spouse been married? I am also want to know about it. All rights reserved. As long as you have everything in place and all details correct, without fraud, you should be fine. Im travelling to Boston next month. I am facing the similar situation now, Can you please help me out what did you do in your case? Stilt is backed by Y Combinator and has raised a total of $275M in debt and equity funding to date. What are any queries at POE for taking 11 months for travel. USCIS must receive the Form I-539/I-539A application by the business day on or before the current status end date. 1.Is there any time limit after VISA expiry to transfer to new company. However , I want to land and stay in SFO to visit my close relative for 1 week. Proof of employment in USA. Learn what others are saying about us on Google, Yelp, and Facebook or visit us at https://www.stilt.com. Please make an entry at your Work location(LCA location).Dont get into any sort of trouble with the CBP officers(atlease there will be some additonal questions at POE and be prepared for answering that).If you cannot avoid going to chicago atleast show them the flight ticket you booked for going to your work location.But I would strongly advice you to land at your work location. What were the questions asked at POE? Did you make this appointment for the interview? If there are any issues, they would take you for secondary inspection and ask more questions and verify more documents and hold you for sometime. Unmarried children under 21 years of age and spouses of H-1B employees are eligible for H-4 status. Hi I am planning to travel in mid of next week to Texas from Hyderabad. After the employees H-1B petition is approved, they need to follow the H-4 entry procedures. My LCA is Reston (Virginia) on h1b petition . Now my question is, can I travel with my original H1B at NJ and work remotely for my client in Chicago ? Can my old employer revoke or cancel my current H1B Visa Stamp on my passport? I am coming to USA on H1B with my wife first time and will be landing to LCA state and staying with friend who is also employee with my H1B Sponsor. Now my question is Would be there any issue if port of entry is different location to the employer location? Hi Jhansi, When is your travel date and from which company are u travelling. The interview might be quite stressful for many, despite that the questions are quite basic and simple. All times are GMT-5. If the child is under 14, the H-1B employee signs the Form I-539/I-539A and provides their own information in Part 5. The consulate will not make this information available to anyone and will destroy the documents after review. Can you share more details on what happened at Port of Entry ? Copy of passport biodata page (if new/renewed). During the interview, the interviewers will try to determine whether your relationship with the H type visa holder is genuine. Individuals who already have H-4 visas that will be valid on the date they arrive in the U.S. do not need to apply for new ones and may also proceed to 2. Or , this may create an issue at port of entry ? Have you travelled already or not? How to Check US Visa Status Online? My visa expired in Aug mid. Did you have an arranged or love marriage? You can then stay and work until 797 and I-94 expiration dates. These officers have the discretion to admit family members in H-4 status and may refer them to a more detailed secondary inspection. I am really thankful to you. You cannot enter US without As or Bs approval notice and job tied to it. I appreciate if any body has come into the same issue and share your experiences at POE. Thanks a lot for the Information. You can also open a bank account and apply for loans. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at the port of entry will review all documents an ask the person about the purpose of the visit. My Query is after july I cannot renew(or) extend my Visa? What If Your H4 Visa Application Is Rejected? With so much riding on the H4 visa interview, knowing the interview questions beforehand can help you prepare for this very important step. US visa interview appointment letter (emailed to you when applying for the interview), Copy of the primary visa holders passport, Photograph of the primary visa holder and applicant together, Passport-sized photograph of the applicant, Confirmation page of the online DS-160 form, A copy of the primary visa holders form I-797, A letter from the primary visa holders employer stating the nature of the relationship between the primary visa holder and employer, Pay stubs from the primary visa holders current place of work. How to Check US Visa Status Online? If this is your first visit, be sure to A better way to go about getting a Green Card is to change status to an H-1B visa and then apply for the Green Card. If H1B holder changes jobs and gets a new I797 will it impact on short visit travel for H4 holders? RedBus2US.com 2010 - 2023, All Rights Reserved. If yes, Could you Please tell what was your answer? Well, in general, it is recommended to carry the original.

Windermere Murders 1984, Avios Point Calculator, Articles H

h4 port of entry documents