Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

how many miles to drive before smog check

Your vehicle can be equipped with 11 readiness monitors, which are responsible for the accuracy of emission levels. These can include: We will go over all of these next so that you can have a better understanding of what your particular car might require to get rid of the check engine light. In case you reset your cars computer in order to pass an emissions test, there are a few consequences that you may face. EVAP systems are designed to prevent gas vapors from escaping into the surrounding environment. I checked my gas cap and the seal was cracked. For one thing, did a mechanic tell you that something is wrong with your vehicle? However, this will vary depending on the make and model of your car. Just installed a larger (#2) Negative wire 2 days ago and ran another one from the block to the body/frame.The main negative still goes through the current sensor first. I just read a forum on Porsche, and one poor guy drove his car many hundreds of miles without ready being set. Note that the engine temperature must be above 176F. A. Were not going to tell you that its impossible, but we will tell you that its a terrible idea. Be aware. Keep in mind that this will also clear any other codes that may be stored in the computer. How many miles on the car? advise. Third, keep an eye on your gas mileage. You might need to drive it for a few days more and allow any fault codes along with their appearance to recur first. You may need to take it to a professional to see what the true problem is. Setting the monitors can take time if you dont have the procedures to do it. When you have an EVAP code, it can take up to two weeks for the light to reset on its own. smog test. Drive the vehicle between 45-60mph for 8 minutes. Of course, some things might impact the miles you need to drive. Accelerate again until 60 mph. This is because the computer wont have had enough time to properly run through all of the tests. Dont shut your car down while youre waiting in line for your smog test; you dont want that cat converter to cool off. This will burn off any excess fuel from extended idling. If your cars relatively new, stock, and maintained, you shouldnt have anything to worry about when it comes to passing smog. You might wonder why you need to drive after resetting a check engine light. 2. Avoiding oil changes not only causes pre-mature engine wear but can also cause your vehicle to fail the smog inspection. I eventually purchased an OEM cap, but my engine light is still on. If Is it true? mile trip..have the codes rescanned again ..it cant hurt, It depends from just a few miles to 50. On the very day I planned to retake the smog inspection, my check engine light came on. There are a number of things you can do to make sure your car will pass a smog test. Properly fill your tires : Depending on which 4. Be sure that your gas cap fits properly. If there is any doubt about your gas cap, get a new fuel cap from the dealership only; many after-marke By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. have fixing all the problem and the light off b[1].border = "0" For more specific information, consult your owners manual or a qualified mechanic. The cost of your next smog check will depend on where you live and on the type of inspection youre required to have. Maintain a steady speed between 45-60mph for 5 minutes. You Need a Tune-up to Pass. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. again ( a reduced rate though) and They said any driving would do But you probably should drive it a bit more to see if the gas cap was the problem. Make sure you pump air into your tires before taking the test. They include the. Why would you fail a smog check? It will ensure that you can drive for as long as possible without breaking down and risking the lives of yourself or other drivers on the road! We hope these details we give can work well for you. So always Approved. The system generates error codes that correspond to various vehicle problems, which can be read using an. Its not simply driving a certain number of miles, the car has to go through all these various prescribed driving conditions before it will finish the ECM reset procedure. This way, you can plan. What, exactly, might affect the number of miles that you need to drive for the reset? I need to know how many miles do I need to drive to get the Catalyst monitor ready for smog test. I had something like that happen after I had replaced a battery. I don't remember it being 300 miles, But the guy probably doesn't want you to come in too early and blow your free retest. var AffiliateBanner = ""; I'd quit messing around with the gas cap and get it into a good shop to have the EVAP system checked out. Last Updated: January 15, 2023 This article was co-authored by Tom Eisenberg. 2) Drive with a steady vehicle speed above 25 mph for 2 minutes. this.src = '' toyota camry 2010, My 2005 Toyota Camry wont pass Smog after installing a new battery they told AffiliateBanner += '' Then, how long is enough? The reason for this discrepancy depends on a variety of factors that are monitored by safety systems in your vehicle. They may also check for vacuum leaks and test the gas cap to make sure it makes a good seal. Remember your engine is a fuel burning machine. Texas requires smog checks to be performed, but not all counties carry the requirement. Although you dont need to know the in-the-weeds details of smog checks, you should at least be familiar with what they are and why theyre required. Making sure your vehicle's tire pressures are even and correct will allow the vehicle to be driven with greater stability and accuracy during the smog exam. However, its also possible that there is an issue with the computer itself. If youve recently charged or replaced your cars battery, make sure to put up to 200 miles on the Another reason for your car reset might refer to its conditions. Hello Guys! At CARFAX, we collect events from the lives of millions of used cars from 20 European countries, as well as the USA and Canada. One more question: what is a drive cycle? The driving time must be adjusted Safe surfing through highest encryption standards. Youll not only be running the risk of letting your vehicle pollute the air more than it should, but you could be breathing in that pollution if the fumes enter the vehicles cabin. drive for 3 minutes. Fuel additives are generally poured into a vehicle's gas tank during fuel refueling. I have a check engine light on befor and I This passing tip, as well as tips number 5 and 7 do not necessarily apply to your vehicle if it's 2000 model year or newer; this is not to say your vehicle's tires shouldn't be properly inflated, of course. Car Bibles editors have grabbed a few of their favorite products to get your project started right. It may signify a problem, but it might also come on for reasons that mean absolutely nothing to you. A constantly illuminated Check Engine or MIL light is an automatic smog failure. To give you an idea for what typical drive cycles are like, heres the definition of the General Motors OBDII "drive cycle. Go up to about 35 to Or, you could take it home and try to fix it yourself. Where Im at, all monitors must be set. ECT (Coolant Temp) is 176F (80C) or greater. Finally, remember that you cannot pass emissions with stored codes or with the service engine light on. If youre wondering how long to drive after resetting the computer to pass an emission test, the answer is that it depends on a few factors. Asked by rockeypea Apr 04, 2017 at 01:20 AM about the 2004 Toyota Camry FWD. Texas requires smog checks to be performed, but not all counties carry the requirement. reset..some take much more time and milesthey like a steady 15 How many miles do I need to drive to get the Catalyst monitor ready for smog test? The check engine light is an infamous signal that car owners have come to dislike. If the ECM says it has recently been reset, your ECM tells this to the smog shop computer. If you are flagged as a "gross polluter," you will have to go to a "STAR" repair station that will cost you considerably more money than a regular repair station. This abundance is why a reset is so valuable. When the car goes to inspection, their scanner can tell when the last time in miles when the codes were cleared, and tell you to come back if the required miles have not ben driven. Know how and what you can negotiate. Honda CRV TPMS Reset Button Location & How to Reset. Only 17 counties in the state require smog checks, which can be done at a licensed inspection station. "What helped me was being told not to shut my car off before emissions test. In some cases, they can be done at a DMV station, but in most areas smog checks are able to be performed at a local shop that has been approved by the state. Note: A smog technician can not refuse to test your vehicle based on the fact that he or she notices an illuminated light. If they do not see any error codes go off when running a test, then this means there is no problem with how much pollution comes from the tailpipe of a particular car model during its regular use. This will improve the overall emissions output of your vehicle by allowing the engine to maintain a constant and steady load. Check out ourAbout Uspage to see how CoPilot works.a. Fuel system additives and fuel system treatments require using the complete application and refueling with fresh fuel prior to the smog check. However, if you want to reset it sooner, you can do so by disconnecting the battery for at least 30 seconds. This will ensure your vehicle is properly warmed up and is running at it's optimum level. Without these required Emission Monitors your vehicle can not pass the smog test. Pages on this site may include affiliate links to Amazon and its affiliate sites on which the owner of this website will make a referral commission. 4) Smoothly accelerate to a speed between 30 and 40 mph. A premier community to share your mods and builds. { Hey guys, quick question. Your vehicle could fail a smog check for a variety of reasons, some of which can be as simple as a bad sensor or fault code that needs to be cleared. No, you cannot pass emissions with stored codes. After reading this piece, you should be able to help yourself if this issue ever arises again. AffiliateBanner += ' width=' + b[num].width + ' border=' + b[num].border + ' alt=' + b[num].alt + '>'; When someone makes an apparently sarcastic comment about how simple it is, they are showing they do not know the Toyota drive cycle. Seek repair assistance first. How Many Miles to Drive After Resetting Check Engine Light for Inspection, dealer refuses to cancel your extended warranty, CoPilot Compare is the search engine for nearly-new cars, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 allentown PA, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 baltimore MD, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 bridgeport CT, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 bronx NY, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 brooklyn NY, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 buffalo NY, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 charlotte NC, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 chicago IL, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 cincinnati OH, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 columbus OH, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 concord CA, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 dayton OH, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 detroit MI, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 hartford CT, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 houston TX, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 los angeles CA, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 louisville KY, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 manhattan NY, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 memphis TN, used 2015 chevrolet silverado 2500hd built after aug 14 milwaukee WI, Are Volkswagens Reliable? editors have owned more than a handful of questionable cars over the years, many of which needed work to pass smog, so stick with us as we lay out the basics. This is to prevent the circumvention of the states smog laws by simply disconnecting the battery before going for the test. //exit trafficator A Complete Breakdown, Are Mazdas Reliable? I had the same issue when my battery went dead and had an IM test due at the time. Where can I find the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). When you go to the smog place the first thing they do is hook up their computer to your cars ECM and see what the ECM has to say. Only see cars five years or newer with low mileage CoPilot Compare is the best way to find off-lease, early trade-in, and CPO cars. Sign up for wikiHow's weekly email newsletter. now but the smog test still fails. Sucks I gotta burn a tank and a half of gas to have the computer to have the data it needs. Step Four: More City Driving After you have completed the freeway trip, drive through the city streets for a repeat of the second part of Step Two. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. I only have 7 days left on my temporary moving permit and wont be allowed another extension at the $2 for 10-days rate. Bummer to make it smoke check ready. var exit_url = ''; Can I Use H-Rated Tires Instead of V-Rated Tires? var num = Math.round(junk * (a-1))+1; Because smog checks are usually performed by independent shops, youll likely be able to have the problem fixed right there and then. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. WebYour vehicle does not need a smog inspection if your: Gasoline-powered vehicle is a 1975 year model or older (This includes motorcycles and trailers.) How long must I drive after new battery and gas cap to pass smog test? Seafoam, Redline SI-1, and Rislone fuel treatments tend to be favored by car enthusiasts. The required amount can vary in different situations. IAT (Intake Air) is 14F (10C) or greater.*. CoPilot searches every car at every dealer, every day, and ranks them based on what matters to you. The guys at autozone are just The problem for me was that I had recently taken my car in for service and whatever work they did required resetting the car's computer. Step 2: Choose Monitors. | Idle. WebDrive the vehicle for a week or two to allow the OBD system time to set the readiness monitors before taking your vehicle for a Smog Check. He wants you to show up with a fully charged battery. In many places, new vehicles are required to pass a state smog check prior to sale, which is done at the dealers expense. wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. The computer will need to be reset if the car hasnt been driven for a while, but as long as you follow the proper procedure, it should be fine. Shrockworks Pre-runner winch bumper w/Engo 9k winch,Sliders and full belly skids. That said, I went ahead and purchased the stock cap from AutoZone, drove over 75 miles and this did not remedy the situation. b[1].height = "469" This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge No Flow, Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim. However, if it does not send out any more codes after a complete check, there is no reason to replace this part then. Drive with smooth throttle operation. Drive the car on the freeway for at least 1/2 hour at steady speeds before going to the smog station again. Therefore, weve put together a list of our favorite new sedans with high ground clearance. 4. In general, youll be given an assessment of where in the test your vehicle failed and given an opportunity to fix the issue. My car<1997, Toyota, Corolla> failed smog test a month ago and an auto repair shop did fixing and cost me $550. CoPilot is built using the same technology that dealerships use to buy and sell their inventories, so we have more info on each vehicle than competitors. during step a based upon IAT (Intake Air) value at startup. I have somewhere on my HD the drive cycle for readying monitors on Toyota, and it is not simple, period. WebBe aware that most mechanics disconnect the battery during a tune-up, so youll need to drive those 100 to 200 miles before taking in your car for a smog check. Chances are that you wont pass because these monitors require time to run. Emissions refers to the gases and byproducts created when a vehicle burns fuel to operate. Actually, more often than not, this myth is true. @Tester But if the testing center told you that your car failed the inspection because the computer still has not reset, then you might end up here wondering how far is close enough for your vehicles computer to reset and scan all of its systems. me drive it 100 miles for computer to calibrate/ve driven 300 miles please This is not to say you can't get a passing emissions test on a rainy day, certainly not. Maybe In California, a vehicle can get a smog check at any DMV-authorized smog check station. You should also schedule an appointment with the testing center so that you can be if(exit_url != '' && exit_url != '[an error occurred while processing this directive]') { What did they do for $550? Web478K views 2 years ago i needed to complete a drive cycle for my wife's car in order to pass smog here in california. Hold a steady speed of 55 mph for 3 minutes. Otherwise, the results could be skewed. I followed the advice of several YouTube videos and drove the car about 150 miles. If a vehicle falls under one of the following categories, it does not need to pass a smog check: Motorcycles; Vehicles that were driven less than 5000 miles and owned by the current owner for more than a year; New vehicles that were driven less than 5000 miles Spend at least 30 minutes, maybe longer, driving at highway speed before you pull up for the smog check. Thanks very much for your time and attention!! this.border = '' According toautoguysland.com, factors that could impact the miles you need to drive include: All of these can impact the required miles that you should drive. Were here to tell you how to navigate a situation in which a dealer refuses to cancel your extended warranty. for(var i=1; i<=a; i++) You can also test your car before the inspection to make sure it will pass without any issue. The PCV (positive crank ventilation) system of your vehicle is designed to allow your engine to breath fumes located in oil compartments (oil pan, ect.). Second, avoid short trips as much as possible in the days leading up to the test. I don't drive my car much so I hadn't driven it the required amount of miles for the computer thing to reset. I just today took my 2002 Subaru in for CoPilot for Owning will tell you when it's time to get your scheduled service, when a new or existing recall is issued for your vehicle, how to avoid getting ripped off at the repair shop, and much more. Change Oil - If it's close to your next oil change interval, go ahead and do it before the smog check. The PCM is responsible for controlling the engine, transmission, and other major systems. About 15 to 20 minutes of reasonably enthusiastic driving will bring your catalytic converter, which burns emissions, up to operating temperature, Rich says. You will be required to drive between 100-200 miles and over the course of a week, called a Drive Cycle, in order to complete the emission monitors and be Some cars are ready for the test after driving about 50 miles, but others need more driving time (100-200 miles) before it is completely safe. I am looking for some seriously sound advice on the best course of action. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. The good news is that no matter what type of car or truck you drive, there will be an amount of time before which you can safely take another emissions test. THE BEST SEDANS WITH HIGH GROUND CLEARANCE. This includes things like fuel injection timing, idle speed, and transmission shift points. Disconnect your battery the night before you start the 150-mile run. Smog test and repair stations can test your car and then help you repair any issues that came up during the process. Also, it is important to note that you may be subject to legal penalties if you are caught resetting your cars computer to pass an emissions test. 1,345 Great Deals out of 25,266 listings starting at, 1,520 Great Deals out of 20,946 listings starting at, 1,357 Great Deals out of 23,866 listings starting at, 1,566 Great Deals out of 25,234 listings starting at, 202 Great Deals out of 2,307 listings starting at, 1,169 Great Deals out of 22,739 listings starting at, 1,027 Great Deals out of 16,452 listings starting at, 1,405 Great Deals out of 25,222 listings starting at, 808 Great Deals out of 10,852 listings starting at, 315 Great Deals out of 5,223 listings starting at, 1,561 Great Deals out of 23,312 listings starting at, 385 Great Deals out of 6,324 listings starting at, 248 Great Deals out of 6,138 listings starting at, 48 Great Deals out of 10,534 listings starting at, 169 Great Deals out of 2,311 listings starting at, 244 Great Deals out of 3,348 listings starting at, 272 Great Deals out of 3,861 listings starting at, 188 Great Deals out of 2,138 listings starting at. Car Bibles editors have owned more than a handful of questionable cars over the years, many of which needed work to pass smog, so stick with us as we lay out the basics. Additionally, keep in mind that you may need to complete a drive cycle in order to properly reset the computer. b[1].href = "https://www.smogtips.com/redirect.cfm?BannerID=24" 2018 Silverado Leveling Kit: Is It Worth Your Money? it, city or highway, as long as it was That said, it is important to note that the OBD-I and OBD-II models have Some cars also have the new auto stop and will shut off your engine at stops. A passing score for the emissions test varies from state to state. Shop and buy your next car with confidence. 0W20 vs 0W30 Oil: Whats the Difference and Which Is Better? By If you dont have time to do this, there are a few things you can do to help pass the test. Tips and tricks for buying a used car with confidence. instead of $52 it is costing $88. b[1].src = "https://www.smogtips.com/banners/adroll_creative_no_smog_125_4691.jpg" Leer 100XR cap, Bushwacker pocket flares,20" KC LED light bar.Full recovery gear kit, 48" high lift.Mean Green 200amp alt,Pioneer 1200watt amp,Clarion dual din,Alpine type R speakers. Avoid Rainy Weather - If your vehicle is model year 1999 or older it will be driven on a dynamometer during the smog test. March is Steering Committee election season! All posts copyright their original authors. You should do a little bit of research on the model that you have before beginning your drive. Whenever a vehicle's computer (engine control unit) losses power, such as when it's battery has been disconnected or charge depleted, its internal self-test monitors are erased. In order to register my car in Nevada, it was necessary to pass a smog inspection. The smog technician must perform the smog check and fail your vehicle. On some vehicles the drive cycle is very easy. just read the code and offered the usual solution or the easiest. Vehicles of all kinds up to a certain age are required to have smog checks. Would you like to know more than the salesperson? While this can vary based on a lot of things, there is a general number that you should drive the vehicle before you can see if the light will go away. I recently relocated my 2004 Toyota Camry from California to Nevada. Battery Recently Disconnected? If it goes away, you dont need to worry about the component anymore. Symptoms your car might fail a smog check, OBD2, or onboard diagnostics, is a system of sensors and computers that monitor and control a vehicles operations. If the oil in your engine is contaminated due to inadequate oil changes it may very well cause your vehicle to fail the inspection. By driving, the car computer can scan everything and see if the coding is back up to par. What are Test Only Smog If the light comes back on, there is a chance that you do have an engine problem. I only know what I vaguely remember reading on an Ask here a few months(?) {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/67\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/67\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-1.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Nonprofit organization dedicated to consumer advocacy and product testing, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/53\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/53\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-2.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Stop-an-Engine-from-Overheating-Step-5Bullet1.jpg\/v4-460px-Stop-an-Engine-from-Overheating-Step-5Bullet1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Stop-an-Engine-from-Overheating-Step-5Bullet1.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Stop-an-Engine-from-Overheating-Step-5Bullet1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c6\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c6\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-3.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/64\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/64\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-4.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/45\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/45\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-5.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/94\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/94\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/44\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6Bullet1.jpg\/v4-460px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6Bullet1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/44\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6Bullet1.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6Bullet1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":291,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":461,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6Bullet2.jpg\/v4-460px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6Bullet2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6Bullet2.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-6Bullet2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/58\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/58\/Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-7.jpg\/aid3364539-v4-728px-Know-if-Your-Car-Will-Pass-Smog-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

how many miles to drive before smog check