Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

how to know your orisha head

Snails, particularly large African land snails, or igbin, are a delicacy of Obatala. find that others expect you to do things for them She majored in Japanese Language and Culture at the University of Belgrade and went on to write many holistic articles for various magazines and sites, including 'Witch's Review'. Although it's true that the various odu (signs, or letters) that come up in the reading are associated with particular Orichs, it's not accurate to say that information delivered during a regular consulta should be taken as proof that a particular Orich is claiming the person's head. She is considered one of the most powerful of all orishas, and, like other gods, she possesses human attributes such as vanity, jealousy, and spite. prefer the woods or the mountains to the sea or the countryside They can declare a person needs to be initiated and who they should be crowned to. you love ideas Start Quiz . There are only three ways to find out who your Orisha is: diloggun head marking from an Olorisha (preferably an Oriate - this is more than a standard reading), If bajada from Babalawos, or from an Orisha 8. Additionally, you learn what you should and should not do to effect positive change in your life. Your comment will be posted after it is approved. you prefer classical or quiet music to rock or rap Watermelon is a favorite of this deep-water Orisha. Eggplants are a favorite of Oya. I enjoy spending time with my family. you are partial to bright colors Why did MSF turn its attention to cancer patients? They guide and influence the power of other spirits in our lives. Which of these powers do you find the most attractive? July 2015 When you are about to bite into some strong cheese, be sure to smell it before eating it. A person's tutelary orisha (also called a head orisha, guardian orisha or guardian angel) is the orisha that claims a person's head. If you belong to a house that works with Ifa, the role that the Babalawo has within Kariocha is minimal and you will rely on a community of Olorishas. you enjoy darker colors Orisha (Orisa/Orishas) are deities, sometimes referred to as avatars or emanations of the supreme being (Olodumare) in the Yoruba religion of West Africa, and they are believed to have extensive supernatural abilities and powers. The divination is performed on a grass mat wrapped in a white sheet that is placed on the ground. In which case, you are equipped with specific aspects of your head Orisha for this purpose. The offerings are always presented to the head starting with the "third eye" area, moving to the top of the head and proceeding to the base of the skull. people are oftern drawn to you for comfort and understanding The Ancestors, The Orisha, The Creator. Those that have made a stand, find themselves outnumbered and follow the general way that things are going. you have a strong sense of justice and honor In addition I have family connections in Cuba. Oshun, also spelled Osun, an orisha (deity) of the Yoruba people of southwestern Nigeria. If you have not decided that this is your path, you definitely do not want to just find out what orisha has your head and then walk away. having fun Obatalas day is Sunday. My advice always is to start with a connection to your ancestors and spirit guides. I recently saw an article in a well-known New Orleans Voodoo publication telling people to perform a shamanic journey to determine who their tutelary orisha is. Each way is acceptable and it depends which house you belong to and how they work. They are your patron or matron and act as a guardian and balancing force in a persons life. Depending upon the circumstances, as many as nine are offered at one time. These are the seven most worshipped Orishas of the Yoruba, the Ifa branch as well as the Afro Cuban branch of Lukumi (Santeria), and even the Brazilian branch of Candomble. Cube Symbolism and Meaning: What Does A Cube Symbolize? There are various ways and resources in the UK and online, but I would say that it is important to build some kind of ancestor altar in your home. A persons tutelary orisha (also called a head orisha, guardian orisha or guardian angel) is the orisha that claims a persons head. The pros of having your godparents abroad are few. you have had some experience or sense of the dead We may receive compensation when you click on the links and images to affiliate sites. How To Dap Someone Up? you have a quick temper This is a Santeria/Lukumi practice for houses that work with babalawos. Here is our Aggay shrine at our Church. After traveling the world and studying various African Traditional Religions (ATRs), Ive discovered that the process for each ATR is different but there are some main KEY STEPS that all of the share. Usually the godparent will use the shells of Elegba or the orisha they are initiated to and will sometimes ask another priest or priestess to do the reading for neutrality. However, in traditions that believe in two, one spirit governs the head, and the other guards the feet. Rev. Children Of Esu/ Elegba (Eleggua) Will Enjoy: sex In the event of surgery, buy six different kinds of beans. While this is a powerful and moving experience, in this day of people faking possessions it is necessary to confirm what was revealed through divination just for good measure. clothes are very important to you Going to any Diviner, does NOT commit you to their Ile (house of Worship). They take on board the advice and it serves them for that moment in time. In addition to these there are other orishas that are crowned through a ritual adjustment called oro. White doves are offered, but the blood is never placed on the stones of Obatala. At this time of year, with Yemaya's feast day on September 7, Ochn's on September 8, and Obatal's coming up on September 24, everyone is paying a lot of attention to these Orichs, which is only right and natural under the circumstances. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. However, the entrance is sealed by a Vex barrier and you . How to know when an Orisha chooses you? SPECIAL EBOS (Offerings) FOR OBATALAS CHILDREN. I run an active Ile (religious house/Orisha temple) I found A dead bird in my home. you are acutely aware of how you look 5. She loves the arts, music , and dance. you are a natural gardener Fruits, particularly red or purple grapes, melons, squash, beer, gin, rum, candy, and cakes are all staple offerings. Thus, Orishas are seen as intermediaries between the humans and the Olodumare the supreme being that is beyond human perception, and the constructs of time and space, as it is an omnipotent and omnipresent being that created the Universe. you love dance and music Shigidi is a disgruntled and demotivated nightmare god in the Orisha spirit company, reluctantly answering prayers . Orisha Tradition: The Head Marking Ceremony, Kalunga Healing Arts, Philadelphia, PA, USA. Each system differs in how it determines your head Orisha. There is a growing phenomenon of people wanting to know who their orisha is, along with a desire to worship and work with that orisha directly. First of all, to pray for a head one must have a lot of heart and that the religious's hands are spiritually fresh and clean, because by putting our hands on the body of another person and more on his head, we are offering a part of our life. What happens after that question is asked depends on whether one has access to a priest or priestess in tradition. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Red palm oil- a staple of all orisa with the exception of Obatala- is often poured on Esu or in front of his image. Using your date of birth, for example 11/17/1994, add up all the numbers until reduced to a single digit. Usually the godparent will use the shells of Elegba or the orisha they are initiated to and will sometimes ask another priest or priestess to do the reading for neutrality. Children of Obatal need to take very good care of their heads and should refrain from drinking heavily or taking drugs. Quiz introduction. emotional sustenance is more important than material objects I hope you. I cannot speak for how practitioners of Candomble, Haitian Voodoo, or any other traditions determine this information. wine or liquor Oya is the goddess of the winds, the storms (hurricanes), the lightning, the market, and guards the gates to the cemetery. Considering the options that you've picked, it looks like your personality matches with the Orunmila Orisha. There are two (maybe three) ways a persons tutelary or guardian orisha is determined. you are attracted to lakes, streams, or the ocean In other African Diasporic religions (Candombl, Ifa, etc.) As people come to know about orishas like Obatala, King of the White Cloth and orisha of wisdom and purity; Yemoja, the orisha of the motherhood who is associated with the seas;and Oshun, the orisha of love, beauty and femininity that many saw honored and evoked in Beyonce's video for her song "Hold Up," more and more Black and Brown people feel drawn to honoring and venerating African gods and goddesses. being bored. They leap to a quick conclusion that this or that one is the owner of the head, when their knowledge of that Orich is very limited and incomplete. I hope this helps! In the case of one guardian spirit, this energy governs the head. you are basically calm Her domain is the fresh river waters. The babalawos will beat the palm nuts and mark out odu on the table of if (opn if) and determine which orisha rules that persons destiny. I Have written about Latin Music, and I am passionate about singing and encouraging everyone to sing. One of my professors told the class that in Yoruba tradition they believe that everyone is ruled by a deity and that the deity is said to "own the head" of the person, with the head being the receptacle of spiritual energy. Sometimes during an ordinary consulta, a diviner might tell the client: "You're the child of " and mention a specific Orich's name. Connecting with their head Orisha can give them better spiritual insight and help them live more productive and prosperous lives. Punch two holes through the eyes, allowing the liquid inside to drain into a glass or a cup. You just have to tell us a few things about yourself and based on your answers, we will determine your orisha type. Three babalawos must be present for this to be done properly. New World Santeria believers, on the other hand, generally only work with a handful of them. Head Orishas are significant deities in African traditional religions like Ifa. As far as all should be concerned you are under the tutelage and protection of Obatala. Ogun could be your guardian Orisha if you: have a profound sense of right and wrong are quick to take offense enjoy physical things prefer small groups to large crowds prefer to "do" rather than talk about doing tend toward a strong physique are attracted to metals prefer the woods or the mountains to the sea or the countryside people either love or dislike you This seems to be the case in Havana more than other places in Cuba. The following is taken from a book I once had titled Way of The Orisa.. The Religion like all spiritual paths is about elevation. This is because you need certain energic patterns to accomplish your destiny. 3 Proper Ways of Dapping Up, Clix Haircut: How To Style Your Hair Like Fortnite Pro Clix, Gavi Haircut: How To Get The Iconic Pablo Gavi Hairstyle. travel There is a small ritual that is connected to this procedure. Ultimately, however there will be a connection with Cuba or the US, or other places since so far (as far as I know) there have been no Kariocha ceremonies in the UK, although there have been less complicated ceremonies. This can be a confusing and foggy process, so its crucial to trust your gut and intuition to guide you on this very unfamiliar path. Therefore, the identity of our Orisha is extremely important for us in the religion. July 2012 Ask Obatala to bring you peace and tranquillity while you are doing this. These systems use a complex divination process to determine which deity governs your head at any given time. He is the eternal child, old as time itself. For people in the modern world who are used to making choices and getting their own way, it's a humbling experience to be told that you can't pick the owner of your own head. you are easily offended There are literally hundreds of orishas but only a select few of them can be guardian orishas that are actually crowned on a persons head as part of the ordination of kariocha. Yemaya is the Mother of the Ocean Waters, the Seven Seas. Because our tutelary Orisha plays such an essential role in our lives, it is probably not surprising that the process of discovering the identity of our Orisha is a major ceremony in itself. This energy also embodies passion, heat, and anger at times. So, get ready to find out some exciting facts about you. Much Love #African #Spirituality #Orisha0:00 Intro (foodie recommendation )1:24 Intention2:26 Meaning of Head Orisha3:50 Long vs Short Process9:04 Knowledge of Self13:41 Connect but dont Attach15:04 Study Every Orisha18:07 Quick Tip20:34 Initiation24:15 Quick Story Time28:10 The Short Process32:13 Tip for Confirmation 33:46 Wrap Up This candle can be any color (other than black), but a white candle is most commonly used. Orisha comes to London. I have taught Cuban Music to children. you are highly sexual He is the king of our religion and his presence is found in every ceremony in Santeria. I formed the London Lucumi Choir in 2006 which has performed all over the UK, in major theatres such as the Barbican, the Southbank and Union Chapel, Rich Mix, The British Museum and the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. Still, the process is much more complicated than reading a natal chart, tarot or oracle cards, bones, or similar divining tools. Doing so will typically set them on the right path to achieving their soul mission. When an Orisha chooses you or contacts you, it means that you are called to your human purpose (here on Earth), and you need to receive divine help and guidance from the Orishas (and your ancestors). The Long & Short Process of finding out which Orisha "has your Head" The Queen Po 61.3K subscribers Subscribe 21K views 9 months ago #African #Orisha #Spirituality Peace Family! you tend to be slightly heavy When comes the time for initiation, we are crowned priest or priestess of the dominant of the two. Even if you are adopted, or were raised in one of the monotheistic religions you will feel called to commune with your ancestors.

Hornby West Country Class, Judicial Conduct Commission Ky, Pizza Express Tesco Vouchers Restrictions, Brown Funeral Home Pine Bluff, Arkansas Obituaries, Texas Syndicate Initiation, Articles H

how to know your orisha head