Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

how to unmarry cobb accessport

He needs AP3-MIT-002 ($525 new). } } Since the Accessport isInstalledhe will have the following costs: UninstalledANDWrong Part Number To Less Expensive AP: Jon owns a 2015 Subaru WRX. The maps would only work on your GTI if both ECU IDs match exactly. Sorry for the bad news. It is no longer possible to have them repaired or relicensed. From there select Unmarry Device. Enter the code when prompted and click OK. Your Accessport will now be unlinked from your car. ADM models have different firmware. It usually comes down to money. Answer 5: Yes if the cars computer is no longer recognizing the Cobb Accessport this means it has been successfully uninstalled. The COBB AP doesnt support the Aussie market for this model, but How much would it be to convert my AP3-SUB-001 to AP3-SUB-002? Hi Kyle, I was hoping to purchase a married (V2) AP-SUB-002 from a fellow enthusiast off the forums. Contacting manufacturer customer service is likely your best bet as they will be able to help step through any solutions based on individual circumstances and product specifications. Do I need to uninstall my current one first? } Please the Select button quickly after turning the Ignition 'On". Hello, The short answer to the question is yes, you can disconnect your Accessport from your car without running a tune. Look at the On Accessport instructions at the link below. You may also need to obtain an International Driving Permit. We have a member in our car club (Ford ST/RS) that has a Fiesta that appears to have been modded by a prior owner. The following is a basic guide that includes the things to consider whenbuying a used Accessport. However, there are some important considerations that should be taken into account before deciding to do so. 09 WRX,TP Stage 3,Tsudo CBE,CNT DP,Cobb AP,Perrin TMIC,Whiteline,Kartboy,Agency power,CS style lip,Forge,GS 3port,Group N,XXR 527 Flat black 18x8.75 I am looking at buying an ap2-sub-003 (unmarried) and would need to have it relicensed to sub-002. Answer 10: If you are having trouble uninstalling the Cobb Accessport you can try restarting your car. Second, if you plan on re-installing your Accessport in a different vehicle at any point after removing it from yours then running a tune is highly recommended for performance reasons as each ECUs settings will need to be adjusted accordingly for optimal performance results based on various factors such as engine type and environment etc.. Additionally, taking these steps before installation also ensures that errors or false run tests dont occur due to incorrect settings which could damage sensitive hardware in long run if left unaddressed. How can I unmarry my Cobb accessport if I dont have the car? According to the article, the cost to relicense an Accessport is 70% of the cost new. } I purchased a used accessport thinking it was unmarried, however, both the seller and myself were mistaken. CGAA will not be liable for any losses and/or damages incurred with the use of the information provided. If it is already installed (or "married") to another vehicle, it will not work on your vehicle. Finally select 'Return ECU to Stock.'. There is no work around for having a limit of one vehicle per Accessport at a time. Sorry for the bad news. i have a 08 wrx but the AP i have is installed to a 08 STI i wounder if i have to send it to cobb to reset??? Im having trouble uninstalling the Cobb Accessport. .jfhqs64031852aca31 { Now press Reset Options which will display with approximate five line message box asking if user would like load new or account defaults this must hit OK button apply back default mapping options. The cost to re-license the AP will be half of that cost. How much would I have to pay for it to get uninstall and installed to my 2018 wrx. Assuming it was uninstalled, the cost would be $150. Come join the discussion about performance, engine builds, exhaust, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! @media screen and (min-width: 1201px) { Ever get stuck or have problems again you know where to come, thats what the whole place is about. Fifth you need to find the Cobb Accessport drivers. The easiest way to find out if it still has a flash on the ECU is to have another Accessport. .jaspr6403186c7b4e6 { It will give a warning if it detects a previous tune and usually give the option to overwrite. According to the article, it is 70% of the cost of the Accessport to be re-licensed. This isnt the only cost to consider when buying used. 2 Accessport V3s are able to be reprogrammed to a different part number. The price for the conversion varies depending on what car it is for. The Accessport should at least include the cable that connects to your OBD2 port. } Stage 2 2005 WRX. Do I need to uninstall my current one first? They will help set up a service ticket and quote your final price. It is functioning properly. If you are going to remove your Access Port, and return your . It sounds like the Accessport is still installed to the STI. I just trade-in my Limited. He buys an installed Accessport from a Mitsubishi Evo X (AP3-MIT-002 $500 new). USED Accessport V3 Subaru WRX Guide 31 related questions found 2023 MasterCard Fully Funded African Scholarships at University of California, Berkeley, 2023 The Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship at University College London UK, 2023 MasterCard African Scholarships at University of California, Berkeley, How To Remove The Maxi Cosi Car Seat From Base, Proudly powered by Newspack by Automattic. i have a married accessport for a 04 sti. And forgot to un-marry my AccessPort. We do offer the ability to change part numbers on the V3 Accessport. How To Unmarry Cobb Accessport Without Car RidorLive, Can a Cobb Accessport damage your car? To do this open the software and go to the Tools tab. If thats not the problem, give us a call at 866-922-3059 and we can help you troubleshoot. says it needs to be relicensed bc he sold his last wrx, so is that the $150? There is no way to determine 100% the Installed State without being in person. You should also note that some models of Accessports are equipped with an additional security feature which requires that they be connected via USB in order for them to be successfully reset. Answer 3: The Cobb Accessport is removed from the cars computer through the uninstall process. You can also check the part number if you are able to power on the Accessport with a cars OBD port or any computer. Hey all! Mar 26, 2013 I recently purchased a 2011 WRX Hatchback. Since the Accessport is still installed to the Evo X, Mark would have the cost of the re-license (in this case $367.50) AND the cost of changing the part number ($150) AND the difference in price between the Accessports ($150). Steps to Use: Plug the Accessport into your vehicle. Are there any hardware revisions differences to be concerned with the older production units? So if the accessport is unmarried, but for another vehicle. To use V2 locked maps, you must contact Tech Support to upgrade your v3 accessport Is there a cost for this upgrade? Yes, it is in need of a relicense. The Cobbs AccessPORT manual can be read online at the Cobbtuning.com website, or downloaded as a PDF version. Installed AND Wrong Part Number To More Expensive AP: Marshall owns a 2010 Mazdaspeed3. Send an email over to [emailprotected] and let them know the serial number from your V2 and the V3. When it comes to Accessports, married and installed are synonyms. Answer 15: Yes you need to uninstall your current Cobb Accessport before you can install a new one. How would I go about doing that and what are the associated costs? The first step is to download and install accessport manager on your mac or pc. Will the Accessport V3 from a 2011 WRX/STI work on a 2015 thru 2018 WRX/STI? Please tell me Im not going to have to pay another $350 to get it re-licensed. Glad to hear that you got it fixed/working. Hey, I bought a used unmarried accessport that came out of a 2013 wrx. Unfortunately, it is not possible to unmarry a COBB Accessport without the car. The Accessport is uninstalled from your WRX. More by Drew Dorian, Your email address will not be published. Sorry to hear the car was totaled. May 20, 2007. For more details on custom tuning, visit a Protuner near you: http://www.cobbtuning.com/dealers, hi how much would it cost to change unmarried ap3-mit-002 to ap3-vlk-003 To verify succesful unmarried AP either connect the AP again to the car or a computer using the USB cable provided in the kit. Uninstall and hit confirm (Ok). Yes, it is in need of a relicense. I recently sold my 2007 Legacy GT and didnt have a chance to uninstall AP (AP3-SUB-003) because it was a last minute trade (I basically moved my stuff to a new car and went on my way) If I wanted to sell it to someone else with the same year LGT what would be the cost for them to unmarry? When synchronization_state is reverting, it means that the process of synchronizing data across devices or systems has run into a conflict and is attempting to undo changes in order to return to a previous version or state. The Version 2 Access Ports work a little differently. Hello, thanks for contacting us. A forum community dedicated to Subaru Impreza and STI owners and enthusiasts. ], how to unmarry cobb accessport without car - jude-cashett. First, if you paid a lot of money for the accessport, you may want to get the most out of your investment by selling it along with the car. It is currently installed to a 2015 STI. Required fields are marked *. } If you contact us at [emailprotected] we can start the process to relicense the Accessport. Thanks I think I should be able to connect the ECU to the harness with the cob to the OBD port on the harness and then connect the battery to the harness. Cobb can unmarry your accessport for about $300, you need to ship the accessport back and they will reset the AP so it can be married to another car. For more details or to start the process, give us a call at 866-922-3059 or email [emailprotected]. It has been ininstalled correctly. Raymond, as stated above, youd have to pay the difference in the prices of the Accessports plus $150. @media screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 768px) { If this applies in your case then unfortunately there isnt much else you can do other than us connecting the AP up directly as instructed by its user manual or download guide before being able proceed any further with setting restoration or adjustment processes via PC software utility programs or direct laptop connections when possible. Im trading in my car. We recommend to protect yourself by confirming the installed state in person or, at the very least, feel the seller out. Does just uninstalling it allow the potential buyer to install it and use it or do they have to contact COBB for the $150 USD part number fix?

Rocky Mount, Nc Arrests, Does Helmut Lotti Have Cancer, Allow Any Authenticated User To Update Dns Records, 1450 Sw 11th Way, Deerfield Beach, Fl 33441, Articles H

how to unmarry cobb accessport