Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

hutier kaserne, hanau germany

Later HQ for an Engineer Bn. Bn. Nachrichten Kaserne/130th Station Hospital, Neubiberg Air Base Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle, Commissary, Health Clinic, AFRC Housing Berchtesgaden. The historic buildings of Hutier Kaserne have been sold to an investor just recently. Hanau, Hesse, Germany Cardwell Village Fam Hsg (3.1 mi.) We lived in the Drake-Edwards Housing area. Join 3AD! Hi,I was in Hanau,at the Pioneer Kaserne in 1957-1959 with the 589th Engineer Supply Co. This website is for informational purposes, it was correct at the time of writing. Maybe they'll pan out before the reunion. They still can't comprehend the emotions that are involved. yet I am still hopeful that I am able to make it. Medics were also housed in this building. The unit supports exercises and operations across Europe, including support to Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base, Romania. The company was in the process of switching from 19th Maintenance co to 56th RPSC when I arrived. SP4 Lawson yes I rememeber CPT. Ever since i found your comment i have been checking to see if you posted something. okay well get back with me if you remember. Located in Hanau are Pioneer Kaserne, home to the 130th Combat Engineer Brigade, as well as the Yorkhof, Hutier, and Francois Kasernes. Thanks so much man. Tella this is your friend from 1964-66. Superimposed on the large arrow was the division motto SPEARHEAD and the silhouette of an M-4A3E8 tank. I called the number ans wow he was blown away when he found out who I was. I was stationed at Hessen Homburg Kaserne , b company , 1985- 1988 . "This is very needed in my opinion," Vargas added, saying that the center offers a place where people can share ideas, maintain contact and help each other. Military Catalog, Sales, Discounts & more. Durch die Verwendung von Beton anstelle von Sandstein als Baumaterial fiel die Anlage architektonisch schlichter aus als bei den zuvor gebauten Kasernen. USAG Wiesbaden Military Training Area, Mainz, 96 Ordnance Company, Mainz Gonsenheim, 1955/56, 97th General Hospital/Clark Kaserne (reported to become the American Consulate), Azbill Barracks, Rsselsheim, Germany (closed 1993), Beeskowdamm Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994), Betts Kaserne, Frankfurt am Main / 97 Gen Hosp Barracks and Family Housing, Camp Pitman, (Weiden i.d.Opf.) The battalion arrived in Europe in the spring of 1944 as part of the 51st Ordnance Group and provided support to the 1st Army through Victory in Europe Day, May 8, 1945, and to the 9th and 7th Armies, respectively, during the initial occupation. After being commissioned from OCS in 1949, my father was assigned to 2d Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment at Pinder Barracks in Zirndorf. SERVICE CLUB. What a conversation we had. cascades down through the subordinate units, the 3rd Armored Division Band leads off with "Moon River" from "Breakfast at Tiffanys", set to a dreamy 4/4 time. Shot from parking lot of souvenir store. One day, my father was shocked to see the regimental CO in his platoon area. Me to Cathy, I was your boss! Still listed as active with a strength of 0%. Then the same time we both said Bruno's. best time of my life! Mihalko family in Germany. 05-07-2011 02:50:42 ZULU. Die weitere Nutzung des Gelndes scheiterte an mangelndem Interesse, sodass vor allem die historischen Gebude lange leer standen und verfielen. ), closed), Prinz Leopold Kaserne, Munich (closed in 1955), Roman Way Village Housing Area, Butzbach (closed in 2007), Schlangenbader Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994), Schloss Kaserne, Butzbach (closed in 1992 and torn down), Schwabstadl Kaserne, 74th USAFAD Klosterlechfeld (Closed 1993) Torn down 2013, Stanggass Kaserne [Housing and HQ AFRC Berchtesgaden Military Community], Sundgauer Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994), Stars & Stripes Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994), Teufelsberg Station, Berlin (closed in 1994), US Army Hospital Berlin, Berlin (closed in 1994), US Army Hospital Nrnberg (closed in 1994), Wildflecken Kaserne, Wildflecken (transferred to the Bundeswehr), Holbeinring Military Housing, Heidelberg (closed in 2013). I was also with 26th S&S company from 1986-1989 77F POL. Bn. 1 Loader was in bamberg 83 to 85 in 1st & 75 F.A miss my guys and the food very nice place would love to back again, Hello, I am from Dartford, England, the twinned town with Hanau since 1967. Die Francois-Kaserne ist eine ehemalige Kasernenanlage im Stadtteil Lamboy der Stadt Hanau . "The idea began about two years ago as the Army closed (the military communities) in Hanau and BAfA1/4dingen," she said, explaining that she was supported by city officials to find a place where individuals who remained in the area could come to socialize and share military information. was stationed in Hutier Kaserne, Hanau, Germany. A 105mm Howitzer M-52 Crew consisted of: was there 85-87, what a wonderful time I had, 19 yrs old and in a wonderful country. This page can't load Google Maps correctly. "Americans who were assigned to the BAfA1/4dingen and Hanau areas all have great memories. the cantena there was german there I ate 1/2 chicken pomm fritz ein cola 2bucks the seasoning on the skin would dissolve w/ an explosion of flavor.contact me @ [email protected]. The 2nd Bn 3rd FA consisted of 3 "Firing Batteries", 1 "Service Battery" and 1 "Headquarters Battery", a total of about 500 men. Part of the. I will be dropping by frequently. Cant remember when they did it but they moved me to Butzbach. Zuletzt bearbeitet am 15. Seen this old dude long gray beard Army Vet hat,so I ask where was you located, did you go over seas? Become a Member/Renew Membership, The Colonel Daniel A. Merritt President's Award, 3d Armored Division Engineers Introduction, World War II monument, Fort Knox, Kentucky, 3D Armored Division monument, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, MG Maurice Rose Tribute, Denver, Colorado, All era 3D Armored Division monument, Ft. Benning, Georgia, Liberation "Thanks" memorial, Fleron, Belgium, Order of Saint George, Fort Benning, Georgia, Lamp Post and Plaque, Fort Benning, Georgia, 3D Armored Division liberation monument, Dison, Belgium, 3D Armored Division "Battle of the Bulge" memorial, Houffalize, Belgium, 3D Armored Division monument, Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania, 3D Armored Division Unit Tribute, Fort Belvior, Virginia, 3D Armored Division memorial, Vielsalm, Belgium. For its distinguished service during World War II, the battalion was awarded campaign streamers for the Rhineland and Central European campaigns. I was just telling a friend I wish I could go across the street to the Park Inn, and get some Pommes Frites, a rindswurst and a beer. 4th Brigade (closed in 1989), Chiemsee Hotel, Chiemsee (closed in 2004), Doughboy City MOUT, Berlin (closed in 1994)(demolished in 1994 or 1995), Dueppel Housing Area, Berlin (closed in 1994), Eschborn Kaserne, (Camp Eschborn), Eschborn, General Patton Hotel, Garmisch (closed in 2009), General Walker Hotel, Obersalzberg (closed in 1995), Hindenburg Kaserne (Ansbach) (closed in 1992), Hindenburg Kaserne (Wuerzburg) (closed in 1994 and torn down), JAROC Processing Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994), Lucius D. Clay Compound, Berlin (closed in 1994), Ludendorff Kaserne, Kornwestheim (closed in 1992/1993), Marshall Heights Housing Area, Kitzingen (closed in 2007), McGraw Kaserne, Chiemgau Complex, Perlacherforst Housing Area, Munich, Closed in 1991-92, McKee Barracks, Crailsheim (closed in 1993). I know Bruno and Marcello. I can close my eyes & be there,just in side the gate turn rt up the stairs around & around stop on 3 down to the end next to the lady's shower.My roomate Rick Krieger & I laughed partied fought cried spit shined pressed & starched. What events are coming this October? HHC remained there until on or about 17 May 1991, when it redeployed to Germany. The first address you sent me is my buddy. On July 15, 1993 the unit was further re-designated the 18th Corps Support Battalion. Mai 2022 um 13:06, https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hutier-Kaserne&oldid=222893102. Once again, dad thought his career was over - what would an infantry lieutenant do in a tank company? 88. I was in the U.S.Army at Pioneer Kaserne, my favorite hangout was called The Milch Bar, located in Freihauts Platz - I dated a girl named Tilla Doll, 1964-66. I served in the 56th RPSC from approximately 1991 to 1993. Schloesser described how her husband, Dr. Robert Schloesser, U.S. Army Garrison Wiesbaden's director of Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation, served as a young lieutenant in Hanau in the early 1960s and returned in following years to serve in a civilian capacity. Former army airfield Hanau (Erlensee) Germany / Hessen / Neuberg / Erlensee . And although that is partially true - this club welcomes a distinctly more mature clientele - U.S. veterans, retirees, spouses and widows - who meet once a week for conversation, refreshments and to share information. Hutier Kaserne (bottom left), on Lamboy Strasse, around 1986 (Frank Shirer) New HHB, DivArty barracks on Hutier constructed in 1986 (Frank Shirer) Hutier Kaserne, on Lamboy Strasse, after the post was closed (Thomas Neser) Francois Kaserne, 1986 (Thomas Feuerhahn & Hanau City) Francois Kaserne, 1991 (Thomas Feuerhahn & Hanau City) He is so thankful I called and we exchanged addresses and he wants to come and visit. Training and Alerts intensified due to the rise of the Berlin Wall in August 1961 and the 'Cuban Crisis'. you came to our room every day after work to do a bowl or two. Thanks John Perez Spring Arbor,Mi. I am interested in recording the history of the football matches played against each other and am wondering if thered is someone who can help me please. Die Wikipedia wnscht sich an dieser Stelle ein Bild vom hier behandelten Ort. contact me man.. To E-4 N. Nelson. in Germany from 1945 to 1989. I need to locate either of those gentlemen. On August 16, 1965, under the COSTAR Concept, the unit was officially re-designated as the 8th Maintenance Battalion. I live in Decatur Illinois. JAPAN Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion Episode II Transgression Pamphlet. It was a very hot day, perhaps 95 degrees, and we stood in formation for three hours before the parade began. My time with him was a daily laboratory in leadership. In Paris, France, on December 15, 1946, the unit was demobilized. Name is Karam Singh. [email protected] I ran into another 503rd Spearhead a couple of years back, I was at the laundry mat in small town Indiana. SERVICE CLUB. Hutier Kaserne Hanau Lamboy - WE FOUND SOMETHING GREAT HERE! Ivan be reached at 361-8165874. Relive & share the memories of your service time with your brothers & sisters in arms today. Nach der Schlieung des DP-Lagers zum 30. EVERYBODY knew when Spearhead came to town. On June 20, 1994, the battalion transferred to Hutier Kaserne. Hello I'm trying to locate Bruno from across the street. | U.S. Army March to Service Campaign, Army to review discharges and status-upgrade procedures for behavioral health conditions, National Museum of the United States Army to open Veterans Day 2020. I recently found out our unit was deactivated. Marchello his right hand man can't remember the cooks name. ". when I was there 1956-59. 2,951,306, MILITARY UNITS - HHB 3rd ARMORED DIVISION Hutier kaserne Hanau Germ. The 18th Corps Support Battalion consists of the Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, the 71st Ordnance Company (Missile Maintenance) and the 77th Maintenance Company. Hello my name is Allen Kirkpatrick and I worked at the Pioneer club from 1984 to 1988 I am looking for anyone who was there at that time who remembers me. The L-20 was his pride and joy - he had jazzed it up into a VIP aircraft - cavalry yellow rugs and wood-grain interior trim. The buildings of Francois Kaserne house offices and a school for adult education, amongst user uses. Die US-Armee nutzte die Kaserne bis 2007. I was stationed in Hanau at Pioneer Kaserne with the 26th S&S Co from Jan 1972 until July 1974. I have photos from over there contact me ! As for the ongoing exhibit, its visitors are greeted in the ornate palace by signs donated by the Hanau military community: a large 1st Armored Division crest; Hutier Kaserne installation marking . ), North Point (aka Kriegsfeld) Kaserne (transferred to Bundeswehr 1996(? ", While Club 905 is only planned as a temporary center, Hanau's mayor said that a more permanent home is in the works. I will call you as soon as i can. I'm trying to locate her or family, locate me: 925 W. Cherry St, Compton, Calif(323) 775-4054. looking for old pals i used to hangout with like Eddie Gonzalez felipe moreno our platoon Sgt was sfc lindsey then there was sgt powell Scott. MY DAD ADOPTED ME IN HANAU IN AN ORPHANAGE IN 1962 MY MOTHER WAS 21 NOT MARRIED AND I WAS PUT IN AN ORPHANAGE MY NAME IS NOW TRACY GLANVILLE AND I WANT TO FIND MY FAMILY THEIR BY THE NAME HETTRICH I HAVE LIVED IN THE USA ALL MY LIFE AND AM DOING VERY WELL ANYONE WITH ANY KIND OF INFO ON ANY ORPHANAGES AT THAT TIME OR ANY HETTRICH'S LET ME KNOW AT UPPER CASE [email protected] I WOULD LOVE TO FIND MY FAMILY ROOTS, Yeah man when I read that you left there I couldn't understand why you moved. You can reach me at BENSAMMIE [email protected]. AFA and later the 2/73 FA. After being on the Howitzer crew, having been promoted to Cpl., in June I was sent to 7th Army NCO Acadamy, Bad Toelz, Germany, graduated and was promoted to Sgt. I worked @ GroBauheim in cold storage. On June 20, 1994, the battalion transferred to Hutier Kaserne. Main Page The 3rd Armored Division Artillery was first constituted on 13 January 1941 in the Regular Army as the Artillery Section of the division headquarters, and activated on 15 April with the division at Camp Beauregard. Nach der Fertigstellung zog das preuische II. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION I turned 21 there, across the street we lived @ Bruno's. November 1950 bernahm die US-Armee die Kaserne und richtete sie bis 1953 fr ihre Zwecke her. Living in Hanau, at that time was my home away from home,and the guys were like my brother. Located to right of Pioneer Club. CC "A" / 1st Bde On August 16, 1965, under the COSTAR Concept, the unit was officially re-designated as the 8th Maintenance Battalion. Made some great friends and the memories that I have from being there are some that I speak of very fondly. We draftees returned home in May 1957 and the enlistees stayed for another year. Die Hutier-Kaserne ist ein Kulturdenkmal nach dem Hessischen Denkmalschutzgesetz. I understand you are a fine baseball player. I TRY to tell civilians (and they cannot comprehend) that most of my old "home towns" are now gone - obliterated. If you available please contact me. Do you have HHB 3RD ARMORED DIVISION HUTIER KASERNE HANAU GERM Reunion information you'd like to share Relive & share the memories of your service time with your brothers & sisters in arms today. In 1968, we were moved to Francois Kaserne on the other side of Hanau. 1 Driver I don't take any responsibility about freshness of the contents. It was a fine reunion and we both concluded that we had done much better than either of us expected. Soldiers were dropping right and left and the medics were running around with ammonia ampules to awake the fallen comrades.

Kelvin Meacham Jr, Food Network Baking Shows, Hbcu Basketball Coaches Salaries, Bruce The Tortoise Tampa Zoo Died, Famous Trios In Mythology, Articles H

hutier kaserne, hanau germany