Categories
king hugo and queen agnes of sweden

transfer myki balance to another card

If you get a new card with a 0% APR offer on balance transfers, you might need to initiate the process within a stipulated time frame to make use of the offer. Keep in mind that credit utilization is also affected by individual card balances. Select the card with the best balance transfer offer available to you. Choose your top up value and minimum balance. The train from Flinders took so long to leave that by the time I got to St. Albans, myki had assumed I wasn't going to touch off and checked by off automatically, deducting the default fare. Can You Get a Student Credit Card With No Income? I haven't worked at myki for a year so my info might be wrong but i think that form your sending in is a refund form. Also if James or Patrick from the PTV call centre get to see this I'm sorry for being a cunt nugget. You can see up to six months of travel and transaction history via a website account and around 30 days of travel and transaction history via the PTV app. It has a 256-day expiry and credit is rolled over if you renew before the expiry. How does credit and credit cards work for students? Alternatively, you may log in to your card provider's online platform and check the status of your balance transfer request at any time. endobj What a frikkin waste of money! No wonder the thing cost more than a billion dollars. Thankfully you can organise the replacement before the card has actually expired, if your card is "is approaching its expiry date" (though it doesn't specify precisely what "approaching" means). They earn interest on it. 180 0 obj Initiate the balance transfer. I understand your frustration, especially when it's something that can be done quickly. 0000117992 00000 n In my experience touching on is quicker than validating a metcard. %PDF-1.5 % Update the app and try again. 183 0 obj Choose a card from the list or search by location or card name. What is the best cash advance credit card? Although your overall credit utilization may be low, if the utilization on one card is high, that may negatively impact your credit score. Enter the name on the account, account number and payment address of the creditor you want your debt transferred from. V/Line paper tickets can become invalid because of: Replace your ticket at any staffed V/Line station. Please note, balance transfer is not instantaneous. Victorian public transport users will be able to put away their Myki cards and tap on using their smartphones with a new mobile ticketing system being introduced this week. They could have at least have forms on their website to print and send. This resets the fare expiry and gives you more time to complete your journey. <> <>/BS<>/F 4/Rect[309.25 192.52 346.16 205.16]/StructParent 5/Subtype/Link>> I want to transfer the $19.90 to the card with $6.54 on it. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. The process begins when you submit a balance transfer application. Or you can buy another card, then fill in a form and get the balance of the old one transferred, as well as a refund on the new card's purchase price. Watch the video for steps on how to register online or read more on how to register your myki in the PTV app. For the most current information about a financial product, you should always check and confirm accuracy with the offering financial institution. Unregistered vehicle permit. 3. Get up to 5% cashback in rotating and newly added everyday categories. You can report your registered myki smartcard as lost or stolen by: Your lost/stolen registered myki can be replaced on the spot at a PTV Hub. My child lives in the region, so I was able to order a new card, have the balance transferred from expired car to the new card, and the new card has been delivered via . We have this new thing called EMAIL. Yes, you can transfer your American Express balance to another credit card as long as it is issued by a different credit card company. 0000002823 00000 n No, you can't get a refund on the ticket cost, but you can be reimbursed for unused credit. This is a requirement of Google. Whats the Difference between Business vs. What is the Best No Annual Fee Credit Card? Got a replacement at Cheltenham station and balance including auto top-up from 2 minutes before was transferred to new card. I remember someone asking Myki about this a couple of years ago, to be told that they "are aware of it and are working on it". If you need to travel in the meantime, buy a new myki and top up with myki Money or a myki Pass. You will need to provide identification to show that you are the registered myki card holder. A refund for an international payment card cannot be processed by the PTV call centre. endobj Depending on your card provider, you may initiate the process online or over the phone. A 2 hour fare is extended when travelling to and from regional Victoria, find out more at Regional fares. December 29, 2022 - 1:47PM. It's your responsibility to ensure your phone battery is charged so you can touch on and off during your journey and present a valid ticket if requested. Alternatively, you can complete our online Replace your myki form and a myki will be mailed to you. If your card is registered, simply notify PTV on 1800 800 007 and they will freeze the account and transfer the money onto a new card. The balance transfer program features: Low balance transfer rate at your standard purchase APR* Low fee of just 3% (minimum of $5) Do you have any links to the technical specs of the miki? there's no excuse for this money-grubbing by the Myki corporation. 0000005171 00000 n This answer was first published on 03/01/23. Your Mobile myki will now appear in Google Wallet. 0000002627 00000 n If you apply for a replacement online or over the phone, we'll send you a new myki with the transferred balance within 10 business days. But what if the amount is comparable to or less than the postage? This lets you contact us to request a refund of any balance on the Mobile myki. To do so, you have to block your existing Myki card (annoying, we know). *Rates, fees or bonuses may vary or include specific stipulations. Learner permit or driver test. Most of my travels are in the free tram zone and Im sydney based, so its taking me forever to spend the initial credit that was on the card when purchased (I think it was $30). 0000010193 00000 n What are the best Ways to Start Travel Hacking? If you have outstanding balances on multiple credit cards, you may want to consider consolidating this debt by getting a single balance transfer card. Lo and behold, they not only replaced my second replacement, but 'magically' were able to transfer the balances of both my original mykis to the new card. WalletHub members have a wealth of knowledge to share, and we encourage everyone to do so while respecting our. Well block your myki and arrange a replacement myki. Why do you need to keep swapping cards? Mobile myki is different to an existing myki card. This could save you money if you're moving the balance to a card with a much lower interest rate. 0000005683 00000 n Whats the Difference between Business vs. Corporate Credit Cards? There are four ways to replace an expired, damaged or defective myki: If your registered myki is lost or stolen, let us know as soon as possible. The MoneyGeek editorial team ensures it stays up to date on the latest credit card offers as well as changes in fee structures. From the Transfer Funds From drop-down, choose the credit card where the balance was coming from. From the pop-up options, select 'Deactivate'. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. Transferring the balance to a card with a 27% APR and a 3% transfer fee means paying $810 in interest a year, plus a $90 balance-transfer fee. For more information, visit the V/Line website. Auto top up and Auto-load cant be transferred to your new myki. They contacted me, I did it online and they posted me a new card. To learn how to do a balance transfer, review this step-by-step process. Transferring a credit card's balance to a new card requires getting the new card provider to approve the transfer. Can someone explain why this isn't possible? For example, set your myki Money to top up with $50 when your balance reaches $10. How to Show Credit Worthiness without Credit? 0000012144 00000 n WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. I also had left-over balance on my old Android "Myki Mobile" phone - which I should use up. Pick a card that waives the balance transfer fee. If you register your myki, you can set Auto Top Upand manage your myki. If your balance falls below zero, you won't have a valid ticket for your trip, and you won't be able to touch on. JavaScript must be enabled to use this site.We're sorry for any inconvenience. I know it's not possible to do it online. This will allow you to deactivate your Mobile myki then reactivate it again. You can manage your Adelaide metroCARD online by setting up an account. You need to be connected to the internet to top up your Mobile myki. Unlike MyK, opal cards are free so no issue with just getting a new one with $10 credit when you find yourself without your card. How Many Credit Cards Should a College Student Have? Your myki money or pass can then be transferred to a new smartcard. Despite the system failures, creator NTT Data was in 2017 given another seven-year contract for . Haven't tried as yet. 0000001076 00000 n This is unfair, and I don't think this cost is refunded if you submit the form for a refund. Do You Have to Be a Student to Get a Student Credit Card? nope, report it stolen online, they automatically transfer the balance to a new card and post it too you, takes about 3 days. A reserved V/Line paper ticket can be replaced before your day of travel at any staffed V/Line station, once you complete a V/Line Passenger Refund Application Form. Load money onto your card and myki will calculate the lowest fare based on the zones you travel through, with access to access 2-hour and daily fares. The Pass was paused, then refunded, but I'd forgotten about the Myki Money balance, and I'd been using another card in the meantime. 0000014445 00000 n You can register up to eight active mykis on an individual account. I realise this is not a life-changer, but there's a principle at stake. Victoria State Government Department of Transport, Disruptions on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines, Refunds, compensation and replacement tickets, Instantly top up via the PTV app by scanning your myki card. I get the idea that this was supposed to be a pun on the word "principal", meaning the amount of money, borrowed or lent, on which interest is calculated. For the amount of money that has been put into developing the system I'd think something as basic as that should be possible. <> Even if they do, you can only transfer a balance between a Synchrony credit card and another issuer's credit card. By phoning 1800 800 007. I never bothered to do it. So I had a mobile MyKi with around $6.xx balance on it. You may also need to restart your phone after updating the app. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. Mobile Myki can be set to Auto Load. Your Mobile myki expires after two years. Also, the balance transfer could alter your credit utilization ratio, which can negatively affect your credit score. 186 0 obj Step 3: Review Card Offer Terms. You can register either when you buy your myki, or at a later date. <>/MediaBox[0 0 594.96 842.04]/Parent 29 0 R/Resources<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Tabs/S/Type/Page>> To keep travelling with auto top up or Auto-load, youll need to set it up again. You can also see your myki Money balance, myki Pass expiry and last 10 transactions on a myki machine, Quick Top Up or myki Check myki equipment. Tell us how much you're transferring and which card you're transferring from - make sure you have your card details to hand. You can also check your myki money balance, myki Passdetails, card status, fare type, travel, and top-up history. You can request a new, free myki smartcard through your online account. myki Pass Great if you travel often and on consecutive days. How hard can it be to transfer money from a card that I own to another card that I own, both under my name and both registered to my account? When you pay to put credit onto your Myki card, someone else does get your money and put into your bank account. I hadn't registered this new one yet but I had the receipt with the date/time/transaction number/myki terminal number. Aldimobile uses the Telstra network and SIMs and credit can be purchased at any Aldi supermarket. Assume that your new card charges a 3% balance transfer fee. It lets you set a minimum balance and your myki will automatically top up with the amount you choose. The next question is whether MYKI is free before 7 a.m. On a weekday, train travel completed . Only needed to log on and change auto top-up to new card. @john_miller 03/01/23 This answer was first published on 03/01/23. If you have Mobile myki you can set Auto Load via the Google Pay app. However, the maximum amount you may transfer cannot exceed the available credit limit of your new card. What are the best business credit cards for cash back? 0000001606 00000 n 0000003801 00000 n This makes it cheaper to forfeit the money, which becomes an unearned source of revenue for Myki. That said i have a stack of Opal cards, because sometimes I leave my main card in another pocket or bag and also got spares for friends visiting from Overseas. 0000003206 00000 n The version ofGoogle WalletTM used by wearables, such as watches, is a light version which doesn't support Mobile myki. In the Passes section, you'll then be able to see your Mobile myki and activate it to your new phone. Upon approval, your new card provider might pay your old card provider directly or send a check to you. What are Your Rights as a Credit Card Holder? Choose a balance transfer card based on the length of the 0% APR offer, balance transfer fees, annual fees, regular APRs and added perks. You will need to provide identification to show that you are the registered myki card holder. I understand Metro trains/Myki are seperate entities but it's still a pain in the bum. What is Identity Theft & Credit Card Fraud and How to Protect Yourself? You can then see what Android version youre on. There must be hundreds of thousands of Myki card balances in this situation, if not millions. endobj If you'd like to buy a myki Pass for a different day duration, you can do so via the PTV website. 178 0 obj It seems pretty archaic having to fill out a form and send it in for a replacement Myki. 0000000016 00000 n How does sending them a letter telling them to transfer the money make a difference then if they don't have my card? What's Auto-load? You can only have your Mobile myki active on one device at a time. startxref Now you cannot access it on your original device. I was told that when I made a new card I would be able to transfer the money across. https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/t ickets/refunds-and-replacements/#loststolen Please note you cannot replace a lost or stolen myki at a premium station. As a matter of fact, most Synchrony Bank credit cards do not allow balance transfers to begin with. Key points: A third of Melbourne's public transport users will be able to use the app The Government is in talks with Apple to develop an iPhone version My Myki expired and had like $6 on it, i went to ticket booth, was given a new myki and they transferred the balance from the old card whilst I waited, took less than a minute. Most balance transfers with Chase process within a week. Only time I had to was when my original myki was expiring. My old one is registered and everything with my account but there seems to be no way to import that one in. If you're undertaking a factory reset, software update or uninstalling and reinstalling Google Wallet, you'll need to take the following steps first: Victoria State Government Department of Transport, Disruptions on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines, Refunds, compensation and replacement tickets. We're working to provide all concession fare benefits to Mobile myki that will have the relevant additional fare benefits associated with them. 187 0 obj 0000004139 00000 n General concession available with Mobile myki can be used by any eligible concession card holder, but the only fare benefit will be the 50 per cent of full fare discount. Your Mobile myki expires after two years. If the card is unregistered you cannot recover the myki money. 0000004635 00000 n 2 If you're transferring a balance of $1,000, your balance transfer fee would range between $20 and $50. The unused money remains on the card, losing value as fares increase over the years. This makes it cheaper to forfeit the money, which becomes an unearned source of revenue for Myki. The cost would have been deducted from the balance at transfer. endobj New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. If you wish to transfer balances from multiple cards, select the ones with the highest APRs first. A ticket number is a unique 15-digit number for every myki (Mobile myki and physical). If you need a tax invoice call1800 800 007 and we'll email your tax invoice to your registered email address. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The balance of any myki pass or myki money will be transferred to your new card five (5) days after your current myki card has expired. The system was developed by Kamco (Keane Australia . I don't know where the actual card is. endobj The balance transferred when the old card expired. 178 39 Transferring balances from multiple credit cards to a single card to consolidate your debt might work well if you have a concrete payment plan in place. If it doesn't appear, your phone does not have an NFC chip. Once a card provider approves a balance transfer request, it may pay the credit card issuer mentioned in your application automatically or send you a check. To transfer any funds from your existing myki to Mobile myki you'll need to deactivate the existing card. If you're still travelling after 2 hours, you'll be charged a daily fare. an_square_one 11 yr. ago View all transactions related to your myki for the previous 6 months, select your myki then select Activity. Credit cards may set a minimum balance transfer fee of $5 or $10. A quick tutorial to transfer your myki balance between google pays on different android phones. It lets you set a minimum balance and your myki will automatically top up with the amount you choose. Your original go card will be cancelled immediately and cannot be used for further travel. You start by buying a $5 SIM and then add PAYG credit that can be purchased in $15, $25, or $35 amounts. You may also receive a letter confirming the balance transfer. Remember to top up with enough money to pay for your entire journey. What credit cards don't require a deposit? Within the phone, go to Settings > System > About phone. They actually can transfer your funds really easily but you need to get a case created. MoneyGeek experts have narrowed down on the best balance transfer cards by relying on the company's unique ranking methodology. Most issuers of balance transfer cards let you initiate the balance transfer process online. So I had a mobile MyKi with around $6.xx balance on it. You can also request up to two years of travel and transaction history by calling1800 800 007. Balance transfers usually go through in five to seven days, although they may take longer. PTV does not have any access to any information within the Google Wallet app. <<71A2449DD11DB2110A0003F7900591FF>]/Prev 491244/XRefStm 1429>> Tap the Add button . Visitors can give their myki card to charity by posting it in one of the donation boxes at Southern Cross Station's SkyBus terminal or Station Pier. Go to Settings > Connected devices > NFC. How many level crossings could have been grade-separated with that money? I am only onto my second card because the first was lost. It's the replacement of my old Yearly Pass card, originally bought for travel in 2020, but barely used. The call centre staff member told me "we're not a financial institution so it's not that simple". What to Do If You Cant Get a Student Credit Card? I've had really good experiences with Myki and was an early adopter, but this? With a registered myki you can check your myki balance, top up, buy a myki, get notified when your myki is due to expire and more. Under Other, select Transfer. Myki credit, once on your card, does not expire after 90 days of not getting used. Edited for typos. MoneyGeek experts analyze the spending trends of Americans by relying on data provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You can replace some types of tickets if they are lost or stolen. You only need to wake up your phone to touch on and off. When I went online and tried to get a refund they asked me for my card number from the last top-up, I tried a few cards but can't seem to get it right. To transfer Myki you need to deactivate the myki card and move to the new device. 0000008137 00000 n When a Myki card is lost or . They're talking bullshit. Wallethub doesnt charge for this service. The card itself holds the balance, rather than a back office system telling the readers that the balance is available. The . Check your phone to make sure you're connected to WiFi or mobile data. You could pay less interest by transferring balances from other higher-rate credit cards to a Wells Fargo Credit Card. Only reserved V/Line paper tickets and Date-to-Date tickets can be replaced if lost or stolen. It appears as a "Approved Level 2" request on my myki account on the website. 0000004362 00000 n Check that NFC is enabled on your phone. I was told there was nothing I could do for this one as it wasn't registered. With banks allowing customers to transfer thousands of dollars online between their accounts, there's no excuse for this money-grubbing by the Myki corporation. For a bus anyway. Enter your cell phone number and well send you a link to install the WalletHub app. What are the best credit cards for bad credit with no deposit and instant use? To use, simply: top-up your card tap on at the start of your journey tap off at the end. 181 0 obj If youre already an existing customer, then there is no incentive for Synchrony to allow you to transfer a balance between two accounts of their own. How balance transfers work -- Lee Huffman, credit card expert at BaldThoughts.com. A non-centralised database/processing unit. Here are some tips to save on fees and interest on a balance transfer. It takes longer to get through the platform barriers than it did under Metcard, you are charged for the physical card separately to the fare for travel, the much-touted advantage of "touch on and touch off for the lowest fare" adds no value for the hundreds of thousands of regular commuters who use monthlies or yearlies, the scanners can tell when you touch on with multiple cards but not that one of those cards is a Myki and the rest are not, you can't tell with a glance at your card when it expires, the top-up machines take for-fucking-ever to process a transaction, and amongst other things if you want to transfer funds from one Myki to another, you have to print out a form and send it via mail to them! and our I know there's nothing you can do. I had previously thought I would do the 84 months at 5.99% or whatever it is, but now I am thinking I should use the 24 month deal and then do a balance transfer to another card if I don't . If you use an international Mastercard/Visa card to purchase and top up your Mobile myki, you'll have to visit the PTV Hub at Southern Cross Station to request a refund. No, you cannot transfer a balance from one Synchrony Bank credit card to another. Wtf? Log into your Barclaycard online servicing account or use the Barclaycard app to see if you have an offer available. Youll need to complete a V/Line Passenger Refund Application Form. Your balance is protected from the time you tell us your myki is lost or stolen. If you transfer the total amount to a new card with a credit limit of $10,000 and close both your old accounts, your credit utilization ratio increases to 50%. endobj The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance. For the most current information about a financial product, you should always check and confirm accuracy with the offering financial institution. At this stage, these are the only card types available on Mobile myki. How long do balance transfers take with Chase? Got the train home to South Yarra, went to the service desk with my completed replacement form and then was told "we actually don't send these in you have to go and post it yourself". We are committed to being fully transparent with our readers. Myki was first rolled out in 2010 and fully replaced the previous Metcard system 10 years ago this week. 0000003374 00000 n If you have another transit or public transport product in your Google Wallet account (such as Suica, Las Vegas Monorail), it may detect interaction with the myki system. Does a balance transfer happen automatically? This may also be an anti money laundering thing. Select the 'Activate' option. damage that exceeds normal wear and tear. If you receive a check, you then need to forward it to your old card provider. What is the glossary of common credit card terms?

Punta Cana Restaurants Menu, Washington State Patrol Inspection, How Do You Know Serrapeptase Is Working, Robertson Scholarship 2021, Yorktown High School News, Articles T

transfer myki balance to another card